GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playing Videos & Games"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 26/10/05 at 20:40
Regular
I'm struggling to play games and watch videos on my current PC and was just wondering if anyone could reccommend to me what i would need to do to improve watching videos and playing games?

i.e: Graphics, Memory, RAM??

Thanks
Thu 27/10/05 at 15:36
Regular
The same way as any other url, amazing!

[URL]http://www.yeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryeryer[/URL]
Thu 27/10/05 at 14:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
Hehe... :D

How do you make those really long URLS?
Thu 27/10/05 at 13:40
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Domaye wrote:
> I'm sure thats a mis quote from futurama or the like.

It's okay, he knows I didn't mean to offend.

What he doesn't know is that actually I did.
Thu 27/10/05 at 12:24
Regular
"-_-"
I'm sure thats a mis quote from futurama or the like.
Thu 27/10/05 at 10:59
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> If it didn't cost £1800 and
> doesn't play the latest games at 1600x1200 then it's just not trendy
> enough, y'know?

Well aren't you great. No, no wait, sorry, the other thing. Woe.
Thu 27/10/05 at 10:42
Regular
"bot"
Miserableman wrote:
> *EDIT: link removed, ukchatforums
> worthless post parser doesn't allow long urls

[URL]http://www.ithinkyoumightbewrongbecausethisurlisabout10billionkazillionmilliontrilliondsajhdjksafhjklfhdskfjsakdjakdasdjkajdajdkssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssklsalkdlasdladlkasdlaksdlkalskdeworioidoasidoaidoadioadoaidoaidpadopaodpaodpadpadpoaspdsaodpaosdpweopewpeocharacterslong-idoubtyourebayurlwasanylongerthanthis------sadjksadksalwoieoiwoieiwoieiweoiwoieiwieiwieiwieiweiiwei[/URL]
Thu 27/10/05 at 00:53
Regular
"bing bang bong"
You should be able to play videos (though it may stutter a bit depending on what format it's in and the size of the file) and you will be able to play games more than about 4 years old. There are plenty of really good PC games you will be able to run, that you should be able to pick up for next to nothing these days:

Half Life
Deus Ex
Freespace II
Grim Fandango
Starcraft
Alpha Centauri
Age of Empires II
Star Control II <--- seriously, this is one of the best games on the PC, get it for free [URL]http://sc2.sourceforge.net/[/URL]

Whatever genre of games you're into there will be very good examples of it that your computer will be able to play.

You could probably do with more RAM though, it always helps. Any of these should be compatible: *EDIT: link removed, ukchatforums worthless post parser doesn't allow long urls - you'll have to go to ebay.co.uk and search for "128MB pc133". You will need to be confident to fit it yourself though, it's not usually a difficult job but if you're not confident poking around inside your PC you might want to leave it.

Your computer is a bit long in the tooth but don't listen to anyone around here for upgrade advice. If it didn't cost £1800 and doesn't play the latest games at 1600x1200 then it's just not trendy enough, y'know?
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:18
Regular
Then this is the end of a beautiful journey.
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:17
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> In answer to your question, I wouldn't do anything to that PC as it's
> not worth it.
>
> You'll be looking at a new PC I'm afraid.

Blimey!

I just don't have the funds available to do such a thing :(
Wed 26/10/05 at 21:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
"Total Physical Memory 158.38 MB
Available Physical Memory 324.00 KB"

Scary stuff...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.