GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Second Instalment of Mario in Paper Form"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Paper Mario'.
Sun 03/10/04 at 18:15
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
It's no longer a case of me wanting Paper Mario 2, it's a case of me absolutely needing Paper Mario 2.

After watching over the NGC video twice, reading their preview from last issue, and generally drooling at every last scrap of information/screenshot I can find, I conclude that this will be by far the best 'Cube game this year. It just has to be.

Roll on November, king of videogame releases. DS, Paper Mario 2, Metroid Echoes, Halo 2, etc, etc, etc.

But roll on Paper Mario 2, more so.
Wed 06/10/04 at 15:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The actual GAME costs £10. The Bongos are £20 each you see. Also, I'll be well in for Jungle Beat which I predict will be great but REALLY REALLY SHORT AND EASY like all new Nintendo concepts these days.
Wed 06/10/04 at 14:53
Regular
Hedfix wrote:

> Is it a budget release? I can't see this being worth full price.

Full price with bongo's.

If you don't like rythem games then fine I won't dispute it.

But claiming the game will get boring and will be naff and there isn't much too it (although various multiplayer modes, mini games as well as 2 main modes are included) is not something Hedfix is able to do until you/he plays the game.

I'm sure he would get bored of it in 20 minutes, but he doesn't know that yet.
Wed 06/10/04 at 10:46
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm so happy I pre-ordered this game. :D

I'm also glad to see it seems to have attracted a greater level of interest pre-release than it ever seemed the N64 games was ever going to get. Perhaps it's down to the time of the year? Perhaps it's because of the Metroids and Pikmins either side of its equator?

Either way, I think this one will deserve to be No.1! :)

Initially, I was only expecting this to really be, as the title suggested "Paper Mario 2". Same kind of story. An extra character or two. Same layout, bla bla bla... Watching the NGC DVD, I can see this has got to be even better, though, no matter how many similarities it does bear.

The new paper effects - such as 'flipping' or 'ripping' the screen to change the layout ahead - are quite magnificent in their own right. Somethings only Nintendo could produce. :)

If you're worried about "spoiling" any surprises by watching the DVD, I really wouldn't worry - unless, of course, you can read Japanese! ;)
Wed 06/10/04 at 08:47
Regular
"8==="
Whitestripes X wrote:
> If anyone disputes
> my views they are simply behind the times.

or they like certain types of games for a bit longer than you do.
Wed 06/10/04 at 08:46
Regular
"8==="
Dringo wrote:
> Hedfix wrote:
> Why bother?
>
> I know a shuttle simulator's not my kind of game without playing it.
>
> Well okay. But I honestly think the game will be playable for a short
> while especially in multiplayer.
>
> Therefore your argument is void.

Is it a budget release? I can't see this being worth full price.
Tue 05/10/04 at 23:08
Regular
Yeah, Dringo only makes himself look a fool when he does that.

I, on the other hand, am always right about games. If anyone disputes my views they are simply behind the times. I don't hold it against them though.
Tue 05/10/04 at 23:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I dislike it when people come out with "omGgg ur argumant iz voiiid ur opinon dont meen nuffink" because in all honesty everyone has a right to their opinion. If somebody doesn't like a game for whatever reason they don't like it, don't try and constantly fight it because 99% of the time you're just not going to get anywhere.

I recall Whitestripes and you, Dring, doing this on a couple of occasions. You're perfectly great posters, but it just annoys me, and others I expect, when you do things like this.
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:12
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Why bother?
>
> I know a shuttle simulator's not my kind of game without playing it.

Well okay. But I honestly think the game will be playable for a short while especially in multiplayer.

Therefore your argument is void.
Tue 05/10/04 at 17:42
Regular
"8==="
Why bother?

I know a shuttle simulator's not my kind of game without playing it.
Tue 05/10/04 at 16:49
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> *Gets out megaphone*
>
> Gerrid step away from the Konga! Step AWAY from the Konga, don't be
> fool man save your money for a decent game you won't be bored of in
> 20 minutes!

Ah so you played it Hedfix?

I've heard it is an ace in multiplayer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.