GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Orbital / Underworld / Leftfield / "Intelligent dance" fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/10/05 at 17:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mylo. Destroy Rock And roll is very, very good.

[edit] Oh, and it doesn't have that appalling Miami sound machine remix on it. which was basically released as he couldn't release drop the pressure in it's current form.

And on a side notre. I watched the greatest fear factory (without the tunes) band I have ever saw last night. Just before anyone starts insulting my taste in music.

I just wished I still had my long hair so I could headbang properly.
Sat 22/10/05 at 20:29
Regular
IDM is more sophisticated dance music. Instead of just being a few catchy beats repeated for 10 minutes they have several layers and deeper melodies that you don't catch onto until repeated listening.
Sat 22/10/05 at 20:17
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Do you mean 'intelligent' as in 'musically varied' or 'intelligent' as
> in 'thoughtful lyrics'?

Not the soundtrack to a Faliraki chav holiday, the latest s***e club anthems or "uhn tiss uhn tiss uhn".

Basically, along the lines of the bands I've mentioned in the original title and orbital.

I dont care for lyrics. Underworld's are marvelous, Leftfield could do without them.

You'll notice "intelligent dance" was in quotes. It's a pigeonhole I disagree with, but it's the easiest way to get across the style.
Sat 22/10/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Oriental Rib wrote:
> ... i've never heard of Orbital.

Philistine.
Sat 22/10/05 at 19:52
Regular
I'm so confused. If someone would be kind enough to put all upmost reccomendations in a one post nutshell?
Sat 22/10/05 at 19:50
Regular
"8==="
Do you mean 'intelligent' as in 'musically varied' or 'intelligent' as in 'thoughtful lyrics'?
Sat 22/10/05 at 19:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Del Rogeo wrote:
> If you want some 'intelligent' dance music then I'd recommend you try
> "Six Feet Above Yesterday" by Infusion. It's one of my
> favourite albums, despite the fact that I'm mainly into metal now.

On the hunt for it.
Sat 22/10/05 at 19:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Drop the pressure? Isn't it Release the Pressure?

Nope. "Mofos gonna drop the pressure". "Release" is Leftfield.
Sat 22/10/05 at 19:39
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Never heard of Orbital? Madness. I highly recommend you get hold of
> the tune 'The Box' from them. You may remember it from way back.
> superb tune.

Yup. All their albums and a lot of unreleased stuff.

Impact USA Lush 3 (Euro-Tunnel Disaster 94) and Walk About from the Peel Sessions is their absolute peak IMHO.
Sat 22/10/05 at 18:05
Regular
Never heard of Orbital? Madness. I highly recommend you get hold of the tune 'The Box' from them. You may remember it from way back. superb tune.
Sat 22/10/05 at 17:58
Regular
If you want some 'intelligent' dance music then I'd recommend you try "Six Feet Above Yesterday" by Infusion. It's one of my favourite albums, despite the fact that I'm mainly into metal now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.