GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Orbital / Underworld / Leftfield / "Intelligent dance" fans"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/10/05 at 17:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Mylo. Destroy Rock And roll is very, very good.

[edit] Oh, and it doesn't have that appalling Miami sound machine remix on it. which was basically released as he couldn't release drop the pressure in it's current form.

And on a side notre. I watched the greatest fear factory (without the tunes) band I have ever saw last night. Just before anyone starts insulting my taste in music.

I just wished I still had my long hair so I could headbang properly.
Sun 23/10/05 at 01:03
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Forgive but the only Underworld song i've heard is Born Slippy

The worst song they have ever performed.

Seeing it done live is marvelous however. Particularly mashed on whizz.

[URL]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00004WC70/qid=1130025607/sr=8-8/ref=pd_ka_8/202-3586963-2646257[/URL]

Bootleg Babies is better though. It captures the whole live experience far better than the "official" release.
Sat 22/10/05 at 23:20
Regular
"8==="
Since 2002.

I dabbled with a few simple tracker programs before then.

I've got a 21 track album that I'll be promoting in Edinburgh in the next few months and enough decent tunes for a 2nd.
Sat 22/10/05 at 23:06
"Was UW."
Hedfix wrote:
> [URL]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=32641990&Mytoken=EAC77E0F-A04F-4D2D-ACAE362C91FBB5073840227328[/URL]

I thought I heard a note-clash between the acoustic and bass on the first track 'Yeah', maybe I'm wrong. Although, Hydra sounded better - reminds of tough breaks/metal. How long have you been producing like?
Sat 22/10/05 at 22:23
Regular
"8==="
[URL]http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=32641990&Mytoken=EAC77E0F-A04F-4D2D-ACAE362C91FBB5073840227328[/URL]
Sat 22/10/05 at 22:14
"Was UW."
Niddle wrote:
> Whitestripes DS wrote:
> Instead of just being a few
> catchy beats repeated for 10 minutes they have several layers and
> deeper melodies that you don't catch onto until repeated listening.
>
> Psy-trance.

Infamous. Spot On. Psy-trance is okay, in some circumstances, but they all do soud very similar! The running basslines for example - the same key in a lot of them.
Sat 22/10/05 at 22:11
"Was UW."
Woooo! Alas, a a proper dance music forum. Album's that I have that are good are:

Daft Punk - "Homework". Legendary house album - my fav of all time.
Mylo - "Destroy Rock & Roll"
Tiesto - "In My Memory" - It's not cheesy. In fact, it will turn a few heads despite it's age.
Green Velvet - "Whatever"

I actually don't own a lot of albums; just lots of singles (quite a few hundred!) Artists/DJ's that I recommend, if you haven't heard of them, are:

Dave Clarke
Aphex Twin (No need to explain this guy's creativity)
Hystereo
Royksopp
Plump DJ's
Sat 22/10/05 at 21:57
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Just listened to "Chimes" and "Tunnel Trance" the
> first was nothing special but i'm loving the latter. So yeah, first
> impresssions for Orbital are a thumbs up.
>
> A definitive album please?

"Blue Album" is basicly covers everything they have done in their career, but for the most accesable, I'd go for "Middle of nowhere"

Check out Underworlds Bootleg Babies too. Their best ever CD. Free from the official site (that's down ATM)
Sat 22/10/05 at 20:51
Regular
Just listened to "Chimes" and "Tunnel Trance" the first was nothing special but i'm loving the latter. So yeah, first impresssions for Orbital are a thumbs up.

A definitive album please?
Sat 22/10/05 at 20:33
Regular
"8==="
Remixes of Shamen songs are usually great.

Also if you're not too fussed about lyrics then remixes of Rob Zombie songs are rather interesting to listen too.

One of my friends is quite into Deviant Electronics and I like the odd track by them myself.

Loads of others I could suggest but anyway...
Sat 22/10/05 at 20:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
Whitestripes DS wrote:
> Instead of just being a few
> catchy beats repeated for 10 minutes they have several layers and
> deeper melodies that you don't catch onto until repeated listening.

Psy-trance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.