GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I fancy painting something"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 18/10/05 at 11:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
At my school I was given absolutely no experience in Music and Art. I was in a moron class with teachers who didn't care anymore and all the equipment was dead. This has made me feel slightly bitter over the years but alas I have managed to teach myself some musical stuff over the years.

Now I was watching some Art program at 3 in the morning one night and I was looking at all these classical paintings and actually started to appreciate things in an arty farty way. Then I walked about the art gallery which is about 10 metres away from my lectures going " Oooooh ahhhhhh ".

However, I have no idea what to do. Are there any artists amongst us forum people? Got tips? Like I dunno, cutting off my ear and living in poverty forever?
Mon 24/10/05 at 20:12
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
*vomits*
Mon 24/10/05 at 20:12
Regular
"Catch it!"
Mouldy Cheese wrote:
> paint your willy

Ah lovely the feel of the paintbrush :D
Sun 23/10/05 at 14:53
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Why not?
Sun 23/10/05 at 14:43
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Why the cocktail glass?
Sun 23/10/05 at 14:42
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
SHEEPY wrote:
> I have this image of me buying a canvas and all that then all I can
> draw is a stickman with a sword.

[URL]http://images.kingdomofloathing.com/otherimages/leftswordguy.gif[/URL]
Sun 23/10/05 at 13:59
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
paint your willy
Sat 22/10/05 at 12:42
Regular
"Catch it!"
I might do a picture soon as well which is really strange. But I need to think what I can do for it.
Fri 21/10/05 at 22:01
Regular
"Long time no see!"
If you've got the urge but don't know what to do then I suggest you go in search of some inspiration.

Start with something fairly simple, like a still life or even a landscape painting. But if you really want it to work, you have to make it personal. It has to be of something you can look at and really appreciate. Something you feel for, the thing that makes you go "Ahhhhhh" in the first place.

You may be able to find it in your own home, you may not.

I was never terribley brilliant at this in my previous non-out-going ways so all the best of luck to you anyways.
Fri 21/10/05 at 19:11
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Try entering something useless like a bag of rubbish into the Turner Prize competition you're bound to win.
Wed 19/10/05 at 16:24
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Black Glove wrote:

> One of this year's Turner Prize exhibits is this: Someone's
> dismantled a shed, built a boat out of the wood, sailed somewhere,
> and when they got there, dismantled the boat and built a shed again,
> then stuck the paddle on the side. Art or just mad carpentry?

did you see the exhibit in the tate modern of the detonated shed?
someone blew their shed up and videotaped it all from loads of angles, they then chose a specific time in the explosion and hung the debris from wires in the exact position it was in at said point.. so you're walking through a split second of exploded shed.

pretty cool, but having said that, i'd have lived my life just as merrily if i'd never seen it. i don't see how people can take most "art" seriously, it's getting to the point where the works being produced feel like they're ideas that everyone has thought of doing as a joke, but with the added binus of some scruffy gimp and a camp dude trying to convince us that "it's a commentary on *subject goes here* "

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.