GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:09
Regular
NOVERMBER 26 - DVD FORMAT

PC Gamer - 96%
PC Zone - 97%

:-)
Thu 07/10/04 at 19:38
Regular
Anybody know what the remastered Half-Life is going to be like?

That's assuming we get the special edition over here.
Fri 08/10/04 at 11:37
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
**Falls off chair**

Went to order the Gold edition last night, until...

HL2-Gold @ $89.99
Tax @ $15.74
Shipping: $29.95

= $135.64... (about £70ish)

Think I'll wait for the UK to catch up. When will Valve learn that life exisits outside of the USA and therfore should find a way to distribute over steam via localization!!
Fri 08/10/04 at 12:45
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think I might actually go for one of those Steam packages. You may not get a CD, but hell, I'd be able to play it as soon as it is released rather than have to wait for it to arrive through the post.

I'm going to go for the Silver package, Half Life 2, Half Life: Source, CS: Source, Day of Defeat: Source and Valve's back catalogue of games. I've already pre-loaded HL2 onto my PC, so as soon as it's officially released all I'll need to do is input a code, and away I go.
Fri 08/10/04 at 12:50
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cipro wrote:
> I think I might actually go for one of those Steam packages. You may
> not get a CD, but hell, I'd be able to play it as soon as it
> is released rather than have to wait for it to arrive through the
> post.

They ship the CD's anyway I think. (or DVD in the case of Gold)
Fri 08/10/04 at 12:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Tyla wrote:
> They ship the CD's anyway I think. (or DVD in the case of Gold)

I didn't think that they did, oh well, it would mean I wouldn't have to back up the game onto a blank DVD.
Fri 08/10/04 at 15:56
Regular
"Touched!"
Went for the Silver pack as it seems like the best value for money really. You don't get a CD or DVD with it on, the whole point of buying on steam is that you download it :)
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:16
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Went for the Silver pack as it seems like the best value for money
> really. You don't get a CD or DVD with it on, the whole point of
> buying on steam is that you download it :)

Just read through the posts on Steam about it. indeed no hardcopy, but there seems to be a big row over whether the retail packs would allow you to upgrade to the extra games once you registered your CD key! Vivendi are being total @rses about it all

I also assume that the shipping costs only relate to the Gold version? Can anyone confirm this? Looks like I'll go with the Silver for now.

Seems odd to that you would pay for products that don't even exist yet on the pretence that you'd get them eventually... It will be interesting to sit back and watch this pan out and see if the hype settles.

FWIW, you won't be able to play HL2 before it hits the shelf, preloaded or not, Valve are not releasing the unlock codes before the retail is out andin stores. Again, look to Vivendi for this.
Fri 08/10/04 at 16:47
Regular
"Touched!"
Only gold requires shipping because of all of the extra's you get, go for Silver mate. If you do I'll be up for a game tonight with Ali etc. Oh I aint buying the retail package because I want my money to go Valve and not those scamming nobs at Vivendi!
Sat 09/10/04 at 01:38
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Tyla wrote:
> FWIW, you won't be able to play HL2 before it hits the shelf,
> preloaded or not, Valve are not releasing the unlock codes before the
> retail is out andin stores. Again, look to Vivendi for this.

I didn't think Vivendi had any say as far as releasing HL2 on Steam goes, as to download the game doesn't require a publisher. Unless Valve and Vivendi have come to some sort of agreement over their recent court appearances.

Either way, the releases in America is two days before the UK, so if you buy on Steam you'll still be able to play the game earlier than those who but it from the shops.
Sat 09/10/04 at 17:15
Regular
New review in PC Zone.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.