GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:09
Regular
NOVERMBER 26 - DVD FORMAT

PC Gamer - 96%
PC Zone - 97%

:-)
Mon 11/10/04 at 12:03
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Right that's it.

I'm only buying three games before Christmas.

GC - Metroid Prime 2
PC - Half Life 2
Xbox - Halo 2

Otherwise, I won't have time, money, or a life to spend on any more.
Mon 11/10/04 at 11:23
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I would think so as the games are installed directly onto your PC, but have yet to try it myself as I don't have any blank DVD's at my disposal.

Don't bother trying to back up HL2 yet though, Valve aren't releasing the final part until the games official release to prevent people hacking their way into it.
Mon 11/10/04 at 11:00
Regular
"A man with a stick"
oasismark wrote:
> So i wonna ask when half life 2 comes out will it include the counter
> strike online games with it?
>
> Or will counter strike be a seperate game. As i've seen counter
> strike sold seperatly.

Counter Strike is a seperate game (which is why if you buy HL2 from Steam you can play it right now) but it's bought with Half Life 2 as a whole package deal.

> And whats "source" mean?

Source is the graphics engine powering HL2, Valve have spent years developing it and if you play CS: Source you'll see that the engine is visually one of the most impressive around.

> and what's this...
>
> Half-Life 1: Source*
> ▪ Day of Defeat™:
> Source*

Half-Life 1: Source = the original Half Life game, but remade with the same graphics used to power Half Life 2

Day of Defeat: Source = a World War II mod, perhaps the second most popular after CS (and my personal favourite) and like CS and the orignal Half Life, powered by new graphics.

You can also look forward to many more additional mods, as Vavle have already released their graphics technology to bedroom coders to get working on a whole new set of additional games, but don't expect to see those until sometime next year.
Sun 10/10/04 at 20:21
Regular
You get the complete GOLD package, including the game disc to install from.
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Mav wrote:
> So how would it work... I'd pay for the Gold edition, then download
> all the games and then a little while later receive all these
> promotional things in the post?

I would think so. I got the Silver edition last night. No fuss, just put in credit card details, followed the simple instructions and bam, withing five minutes I'd pre-ordered HL2 and had CS: Condition Zero, CS: Deleted Scenes and CS: Source ready to play.

> It's the lack of a hard copy that's my problem with it. I like games
> in their nice boxes with the manual and artwork and on a DVD that you
> can keep and then sell on. Makes it feel more as if you've bought
> something.

That's what bothered me at first, but now I've got it ordered it really doesn't matter. I'll back up HL2 anyway on a blank DVD, when it's ready. Besides, I'd rather Vavle get my money than the Publishers and shop Retailer, who always get a bigger cut of the profit.
Sun 10/10/04 at 12:01
Regular
So how would it work... I'd pay for the Gold edition, then download all the games and then a little while later receive all these promotional things in the post?

It's the lack of a hard copy that's my problem with it. I like games in their nice boxes with the manual and artwork and on a DVD that you can keep and then sell on. Makes it feel more as if you've bought something.
Sun 10/10/04 at 10:14
Regular
"Bicycle"
I lost my coupon...
Sun 10/10/04 at 10:09
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Can you only get this gold edition through steam?

Yep, I think so.
Sat 09/10/04 at 23:02
Regular
Can you only get this gold edition through steam?
Sat 09/10/04 at 20:52
Regular
You need to download the program STEAM and in that program you can order Half-Life 2. There is no link to the actual buy but you can download steam here: [URL]www.steampowered.com[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.