GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 34"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/10/05 at 15:00
Regular
Right, lets get this done. I am the winner, which is nice. You all know the rules by now, I'm sure:

-You can enter more than once, if you really feel the need.
-As long as you like

Good rules, those. The topic shall be:

Rescue

Hopefully there's a bit of scope there.

And your closing dates for these potential gems - 25th October

Get to it.

--

Here we go. I've had a good looksee at the entries over the past week or so, and I've known the winner since it was first posted, sorry. So it was a battle for 2nd and 3rd all the way, and it was close between pb, tnc, JFH and Prophet. I've gone with:

3rd - tnc, Is This Life?

Very atmospheric despite being quite short, which is hard to do. Well done.

2nd - Prophet, Hole In The Head

Liked pretty much everything you've written so far. This is no different. Nice flowing story.

1st - Black Glove, Nailer

I thought for a while about this. Not because it wasn't the best (which it was), but because the Glove won the one before this and I didn't want people to think I was choosing him because he chose mine, and all that. But I don't care, it was the best story by far. Shows imagination I wish I had and inspired use of words.

So there that is. Big hand to Glove.
Tue 11/10/05 at 22:15
Regular
"eat toast!"
the subject today is clearly influenced by the tragic events unfolding in pakistan isn't it?

I can't do this one. Uni assignments calls to me. The last one i managed to clobber in 2 hours. Brainstorming for the assignments you see.
Wed 12/10/05 at 18:33
Regular
"Cool!"
Huh?
Wed 12/10/05 at 18:36
"Retarded List"
Thought up something earlier today... and finished it about an hour later.
Wed 12/10/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Catch it!"
Cool Boy wrote:
> Huh?

Going on Cool boy do another great one.
Thu 13/10/05 at 14:56
Regular
"What's basketball?"
The topic doesn't neccesarily mean being physically rescued, does it?
Thu 13/10/05 at 17:13
Regular
Of course not, no. Physical or emotional or whatever - that's why I thought there was scope there. It wasn't influenced by Pakistan at all.
Fri 14/10/05 at 17:27
Regular
"Catch it!"
What was it influenced by then?
Fri 14/10/05 at 22:45
Regular
"eat toast!"
i was thinking of doing a sort of tim burton conversion of a fairly tale, using humpty dumpty and having a nasty end of the hapless egg being eaten to clear up the mess of the damn egg.
Fri 14/10/05 at 22:54
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Damn! Why am I so wrapped up in other stuff? I was going to make a story of someone trapped in their own mind. Except, I'm not even going to be in the counrty starting the 24th- and I can't fit this in as I am trying to something else done.
Fri 14/10/05 at 23:00
Regular
Marinky_Kongshi wrote:
> I was going to make a
> story of someone trapped in their own mind

Er...already been done mate

Not that your idea was copied or anything :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.