GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Short Story Competition 34"

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 11/10/05 at 15:00
Regular
Right, lets get this done. I am the winner, which is nice. You all know the rules by now, I'm sure:

-You can enter more than once, if you really feel the need.
-As long as you like

Good rules, those. The topic shall be:

Rescue

Hopefully there's a bit of scope there.

And your closing dates for these potential gems - 25th October

Get to it.

--

Here we go. I've had a good looksee at the entries over the past week or so, and I've known the winner since it was first posted, sorry. So it was a battle for 2nd and 3rd all the way, and it was close between pb, tnc, JFH and Prophet. I've gone with:

3rd - tnc, Is This Life?

Very atmospheric despite being quite short, which is hard to do. Well done.

2nd - Prophet, Hole In The Head

Liked pretty much everything you've written so far. This is no different. Nice flowing story.

1st - Black Glove, Nailer

I thought for a while about this. Not because it wasn't the best (which it was), but because the Glove won the one before this and I didn't want people to think I was choosing him because he chose mine, and all that. But I don't care, it was the best story by far. Shows imagination I wish I had and inspired use of words.

So there that is. Big hand to Glove.
Fri 28/10/05 at 21:43
Regular
Nothing is ever won, as every n00b seems to want to know, it's just a competition for the fun of writing and getting better. No, no it isn't for losers, it's just a little interesting and different. The reward is the thing itself.

Glove said he was going to be making SSC35 soon, you could always just check his stats to see what his last post was, if it was within a few hours then "chase him up" there.

I still think we should make an SR book of all the best stories, and Bob, you might get into the "under 5s" section, if you can beat the tough competition that is...
Fri 28/10/05 at 20:47
Regular
do you ever win anything for these types of competitions?
Fri 28/10/05 at 17:21
Regular
"Catch it!"
Anyone know where Black Glove is?
Fri 28/10/05 at 15:11
"possibly impossible"
Well done the Glove...

Thought mine might be a bit short...
Thu 27/10/05 at 23:02
Regular
"Catch it!"
Well done Glove. I lost once again :(
Thu 27/10/05 at 18:23
"Retarded List"
Cheers Stryke.

Not a large number of entries this time, but there were some genuinely good stories. So, yeah, I’m pleased to have come second.

Congrats to Glove, and tnc, whose story was also excellent in my mind.
Thu 27/10/05 at 10:40
Regular
"not dead"
I posted mine, by the way.

Everyone says there's no need to make a song and dance about birdflu. I disagree.

Presenting: -

Birdflu: The musical

You've never seen anything quite like this before.
Thu 27/10/05 at 10:07
Regular
spoonbeast wrote:
> Big hand to Glove
>
>
> see what he did there?

--

I'm so funny I make dead people laugh.
Wed 26/10/05 at 22:49
Regular
"0228"
SolidxSnake wrote:
> So then whens the next one?

When Black Glove says so (probably within the next couple of days).
Wed 26/10/05 at 22:31
Regular
"eat toast!"
Big hand to Glove

see what he did there?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.