GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sin City"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 10/10/05 at 02:41
Regular
One word review :

"Cracking!"
Thu 13/10/05 at 20:41
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Der Nazi wrote:
> Excellent film, incredibly dark at times but well worth watching. It
> even has the occasional comedy moment, such as Bruce Willis stealing
> peoples' coats.

Marv steals the coats. Mickey Rourke.
Thu 13/10/05 at 20:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Excellent film, incredibly dark at times but well worth watching. It even has the occasional comedy moment, such as Bruce Willis stealing peoples' coats.

I guess the comic book-style vibe really gives it an edge, as does the black and white footage with the occasional exception: Really effective, just like the red coat in Schindler's list... though of course minus the genocide.
Wed 12/10/05 at 11:31
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
It's much better on the big screen, but still worth catching on DVD.
Wed 12/10/05 at 11:16
Regular
I neve got round to seeing this in the cinema. Does it need the big screen to work well, or will it be just as good at home, do you think?
Wed 12/10/05 at 09:19
Regular
Cracking indeed, although I'm holding off buying the DVD as it's pretty much guaranteed a Special Edition will be out soon enough.
Tue 11/10/05 at 22:04
Regular
It's 3 or 4 short stories (about 30mins each) that are pretty much standalone, from the novels written by Frank Miller.

They consist of various gory gangster/criminal tales which all play out with a certain style and have excellent twists.

What sets it apart from all other films is the way it is shot and edited. The whole thing is in black and white, with the odd exception (blood is red, hair is blonde etc), which makes it look completely unique. Every scene plays out like a frame in a comic book, and it's all done so well it just seemed so right.

You've got quite a few famous peeps in such as Bruce Willis, Rutger Hauer, Clive Owen, Benicio del Toro etc.

Superb stuff.
Mon 10/10/05 at 15:58
Regular
"This one goes to 11"
Only seen one very short advert for it. Any chance of a breif synopsis?
Mon 10/10/05 at 12:12
Regular
Yeh, an absolute brilliant film and I'm glad they kept its style over the entire film rather than just the first 15 mins or so.
Mon 10/10/05 at 08:06
Regular
Yup, it's all that's needed. Amazing film.
Mon 10/10/05 at 02:41
Regular
One word review :

"Cracking!"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.