GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Englands Performence"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 08/10/05 at 18:19
Regular
"~DPG~"
England...Today, i witnessed terrible play. Missing Rooney? Maybe, but it's not a one man team. The 'team' effort was abismal. We couldn't string a pass together, let alone a shot. Our one goal came from a penalty!

I don't know what is wrong and certainly cannot pin-point it, but if we hope to qualify for the world cup and get in the finals, we need to improve. And fast.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:05
Regular
"Mozzy"
Why does Sven never play Defoe? Stupid fool.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:06
Regular
"Baros!!!"
If you watch the replays you'll see that he set up chances which England missed and also helped to defend.

You tell me 1 thing he did wrong?
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:08
Regular
"0228"
Foreman wrote:
> You tell me 1 thing he did wrong?

He should have made more of the great chance to head the ball into the back of the net that he had.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:11
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Would Defoe or Owen have scored it or got the height to reach that?

You can't have the same two sort of strikers up front.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:13
Regular
"0228"
Foreman wrote:
> Would Defoe or Owen have scored it or got the height to reach that?
>
> You can't have the same two sort of strikers up front.

But Crouch is there for the sole reason that he's tall and should be able to make those headers. If Crouch can't get those goals then tell me why he's in the team at all?
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Baros!!!"
He's there to hold up play and set up chances with his height and he did that well. He can't perfect every single ball played to him. Even the best players in the world probably can't do that. So just because of that header he played crap?
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:21
Regular
"0228"
Foreman wrote:
> So just because of that header he played crap?

No, but you said, and I quote, 'You tell me 1 thing he did wrong?' Therefore, I only gave one thing that he did wrong. You want another? Alright then, why wasn't he there to pick up on the rebound off Owen's shot from the right hand side? Beckham got closer to the ball than Crouch.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Colourless"
Joe "Coal" was good today. If he was going to take him off, it should have been for Shauny Wright....
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:27
Regular
No-one was bad today, except for Crouch. He was so hit and miss it was laughable. I think everyone but Sven acknowledged Bent or Defoe should be playing.

As for his height, it's not like Rooney is a magician in the air.

He was shown up today, was Crouch. Luke Young and Joey Cole had great matches, and everyone else was solid.
Sat 08/10/05 at 19:30
Regular
"..."
JFH wrote:
> Foreman wrote:
> Would Defoe or Owen have scored it or got the height to reach that?
>
> You can't have the same two sort of strikers up front.
>
> But Crouch is there for the sole reason that he's tall and should be
> able to make those headers. If Crouch can't get those goals then tell
> me why he's in the team at all?

Whilst I'm no fan of Crouch, I feel I have to defend him on that one, it's almost impossible from that sort of sitauation to get any power into a header if the cross is floated in...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.