GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Am I the only one..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/10/05 at 21:54
"High polygon count"
...who's more interested in the game between the Celebs and the Legends on Sky One's 'The Match' than any of the upcoming England internationals?
Sat 08/10/05 at 17:21
"High polygon count"
It was "interesting" before that!

This match is only serving to prove my point.

And now Campbell's injured.

Wonderful.
Sat 08/10/05 at 17:20
Regular
well its alot more interesting with beckham sent off now!
Sat 08/10/05 at 16:16
"High polygon count"
Kawada wrote:
> We're also already in the world cup :-D *runs*

And good luck to you!

I just hope the England team can improve as quickly.
Sat 08/10/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Even the USA are above us in the world rankings!

We're also already in the world cup :-D *runs*
Sat 08/10/05 at 15:57
"High polygon count"
Yes. So good they struggled against Wales and lost to Northern Ireland without scoring a single goal.

If our players are so amazing, why are we so average? And don't say it's the manager - we've been through enough of them since 1966 that we should at least have fluked a trophy somewhere - even Greece managed that!

Even the USA are above us in the world rankings!

I think you're suffering the same problem as the English media, and that is any English player who is above average is automatically labelled as a hero and the saviour of English football.

Which, incidentally, is probably part of the problem - our players are treated as heroes without actually having won anything to earn it.
Sat 08/10/05 at 15:47
Regular
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> > The reason? I hate to say it, but it's simple. Even the very best
> England players are distinctly average when compared their best
> European/World counterparts.

--

Excellent, you are as clueless as you sound. England have the best selection of centre-backs in the world, two of the best central midfielders in the world, one of the best poachers and one of the best 'in-the-hole' strikers (that's Rooney, by the way), plus great strength in depth.

Edit: I forget, you also have Crouch!!
He adds something different, you know

--
All we have going for us is the "bulldog
> spirit" and that's not enough these days.

--

Is he for real? What?
Sat 08/10/05 at 15:41
"High polygon count"
Foreman wrote:
> You sound like one of those people who is ashamed to wear an England
> shirt if we lose, and then is quick to join in the glory as soon as
> we win.

No, actually I'd be ashamed to wear an England shirt at any time, because we're crap.

I don't not support England. I'd love for the England football team to give us even a hope that they could replicate the Rugby and Cricket teams and actually win something.

Everyone moans about Sven, but the fact is that it's the players that aren't performing. Whatever the tactics, once on the pitch it's up to the players. It's down to them to get and keep the ball, and no matter what's been tried, they're frequently incapable of doing so.

What would be the point of replacing Sven? We've been through many "proven" managers over the years, all of them English until now, and not one has managed to acheive anything, regardless of tactics or the squad picked.

The reason? I hate to say it, but it's simple. Even the very best England players are distinctly average when compared their best European/World counterparts.

Fact is, none of the top English teams would be a top team without their foreign players. All we have going for us is the "bulldog spirit" and that's not enough these days.

Hell, last I saw, even Wales were beating Northern Ireland 3-2, while our so-called "wonder strikers" couldn't get a single goal against them.

I'd love England to qualify for and win the World Cup as much as you or anyone else. But I'm also realistic, and as such my one over-riding hope with regard to the England games is that Sol Campbell doesn't get injured again.
Sat 08/10/05 at 12:58
I care about the Scotland match a lot more than the Match, but the Match a bit more than the England match

Neither really bother me though, while I think Scotland losing might turn me a bit emo for the next few days
Sat 08/10/05 at 12:35
Regular
"I like cheese"
Not really, we don't all have to follow England like a bunch of lapdogs. I support England like everybody else, and admittedly during matches like England vs Portugal and England vs Argentina I find myself getting into it more than I normally do.

But to be honest, I'm never hugely bothered by the qualifiers or the friendlies because, frankly, the football sucks...

We lost to Northern Ireland, I thought it was quite amusing myself. Always nice to see the underdogs come through.

But in general, when Liverpool lose I get angry and become Mr Shouty, and I stomp around the house in the worst of moods for a few hours. When England lose? Meh.

Although, saying that, with Crouch, Carragher and Gerrard all playing today, I hope we do well.
Sat 08/10/05 at 10:30
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I'm going to watch both, but the England game is the one to watch.

So what if the celebs have a better chance of winning than the England team. I'm England til I die win or lose every match.

You sound like one of those people who is ashamed to wear an England shirt if we lose, and then is quick to join in the glory as soon as we win.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.