GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Recomend me some bands?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/10/05 at 00:21
Regular
"SOUP!"
So, much like the hypermodern studenty type I am I have matured moderately.

I want to listen to some music that deviates from angry shouting and threats of tearing faces off with sporks.

I've got a small selection of bands which are more chilled out and suchlike and am looking to broaden my tastes in this area. I'm not really into the whole new "OMFG indie!!212" trend, I'm getting more into softer rock or acoustic stuff.

Here's a list of the stuff I'm enjoying at the moment:

Modest Mouse
Brand New
Absinthe Glow (purevolume.com/absintheglow)
Placebo

So I'm looking for you to tell me some bands that are vaguely similar to them that you'd recommend and I'll give them a check out.

'preciate it.
Fri 07/10/05 at 16:31
Regular
Ryan Adams rules.

Also Jack Johnson, although recently more commercially succesful, has a good back catalogue of excellent albums and they are well worth checking out, so yeah.
Fri 07/10/05 at 15:59
"High polygon count"
Rubber ones are good.
Fri 07/10/05 at 15:51
Regular
"8==="
My Vitriol.
Fri 07/10/05 at 15:49
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Sublime for liad-back-ness... And Marley... Obviously...
Fri 07/10/05 at 15:34
Regular
Modest Mouse are good. I like Paper Thin Walls.

For acoustic stuff, try: Elliott Smith, Nick Drake, Ryan Adams, Ben Folds (although he's mainly piano).

As for soft rock/indie bands: The Shins, Counting Crows, later Idlewild, The Coral, Death Cab for Cutie. Might be worth a go.
Fri 07/10/05 at 13:46
Regular
Don't know any similar bands to them.

But surely The Mars Volta are worth giving a listen.

No wait, they are worth giving a listen, because they're damn good.

Still, you have the trusty Libertines to fall back on should you need some good music to listen to.
Fri 07/10/05 at 00:22
Regular
"SOUP!"
I think I spelt recommend incorrectly.

It's late.

meh.
Fri 07/10/05 at 00:21
Regular
"SOUP!"
So, much like the hypermodern studenty type I am I have matured moderately.

I want to listen to some music that deviates from angry shouting and threats of tearing faces off with sporks.

I've got a small selection of bands which are more chilled out and suchlike and am looking to broaden my tastes in this area. I'm not really into the whole new "OMFG indie!!212" trend, I'm getting more into softer rock or acoustic stuff.

Here's a list of the stuff I'm enjoying at the moment:

Modest Mouse
Brand New
Absinthe Glow (purevolume.com/absintheglow)
Placebo

So I'm looking for you to tell me some bands that are vaguely similar to them that you'd recommend and I'll give them a check out.

'preciate it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.