GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Serenity"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/10/05 at 19:02
Regular
Going to see this tonight, and as a big Firefly fan (why, oh why did Fox cancel it after 14 episodes!?), I'm sure that I'll love it.

[URL]http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0379786/[/URL] for the initiative impaired.
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:00
Regular
"not dead"
Stryke wrote:
> It's awful though, and not Whedon-Buffy - which is, of course, the
> real deal. Capital R, Capital D. Except they're lowercase.

Whedon Buffy is trash. If there's no Luke Perry, and no Rutger Hauer it's not worth watching. Movie good, series bad.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:58
Regular
"not dead"
It sucks. Worst film I've seen in years. Well, it would have been had I managed to sit through it all. Went to a free screening, and it was absolutely awful.

Hedfix is right, those 'jokes' get old very quickly. I hate Whedon with a passion now, when before I was just disinterested. His dialogue is truly dire, with every line trying to be really worthy or 'uber-cool'.

I lasted until River (mong-name) 'flipped out' and totally, like, beat up a room full of tough bar guys. It was the epitome of dross. Actually, whilst discussing if we should leave after this scene a l33t ha>
Rubbish characters, with not an ounce of originality in their creation - yes by all means use character traits that make them liek your favourites in past movies, but give them a little originality.

And the plot and set-up is so cliched, well what I saw of it.

It did show signs of promise at one point, when some evil warped humans showed up wanting to rape and eat everyone, but they were soon left behind for a clichéd spaceport and rubbish fighting.

First 5 minutes are so bad. You get the voice over explaining the background of the film, everyone left Earth and humanity spread, governed by the Alliance, or some other space-cliché. Then we see a class room, and a girl who is an independent spiritTM then we get a flash as we're thrown forward in time, now she's chained up, and people are talkign - there's another flash as understated hero and caring brotherTM rescues his sister, they escape, and, to rape the carcass again, there's another flash as it's revealed that they're not actually escaping right now, it's just someone watching the surveillance hologram tapes!!11!!

And that someone is a man with no name!!1 A secret space official!"!" Who says, "look on his face, it's love" - that was the line that made Lisa say to me "We'll give it another half an hour"

After this we're introduced to tough space captianTM and his gung-ho big gun crew memberTM, I can't even be bothered with the other two female cast members, but they're rubbish, trust me.

I hate this film. I hope it flops. I hope Whedon is forced to eat every single copy of it, and I hope he gets piles and suffers for the rest of his life.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Stryke wrote:
> Is it? No matter, it's still not part of the Buffyverse by common
> consent. And by being dire.

Damn, I thought we WoW players were nerds.....

"Buffyverse"
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:57
Regular
monkey_man wrote:
> Old Buffy movie has Rutger Hauer in.
>
> Beat that...without mentioning SMG and the redhead.

--

Angel? He's real pretty.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:56
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Stryke wrote:
>
> No of course not. Not being written by him and all.

--

Is it? No matter, it's still not part of the Buffyverse by common consent. And by being dire.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Old Buffy movie has Rutger Hauer in.

Beat that...without mentioning SMG and the redhead.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Green & White Army"
It appears Mr Whedon is working on a telemovie which will centre around Spike and some of the old characters will be brought back Angel, Illyria and Willow.

[URL]http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24407.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24738.html[/URL]

[URL]http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds24796.html[/URL]

Something to look forward to.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:46
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Stryke wrote:

No of course not. Not being written by him and all.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:43
Regular
It's awful though, and not Whedon-Buffy - which is, of course, the real deal. Capital R, Capital D. Except they're lowercase.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:33
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
There's already a Buffy movie. Pee Wee "Paedo" Herman was in it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.