GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you could see any movie in the cinema?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/10/05 at 18:23
Regular
"Catch it!"
Just on your own what would it be? Can be new film, old film. One that you have made up, any film. Don't know what mine would be really. Probably a good animation.
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> No, as even with that the Dolby 5.1 blurb wouldn't be able to blow my
> ears of at home.

Very true. The martian sound effect from the latest War Of The Worlds can only be experienced properly in the cinema.
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:12
Regular
No, as even with that the Dolby 5.1 blurb wouldn't be able to blow my ears of at home.
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:11
Regular
Pandaemonium wrote:

> There's also the case that if it's something a little less
> mainstreram, and you know for a fact your imediate circle of friends
> are NOT going to enjoy it, why make them suffer?

Or listen to them b!tch about it.
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:09
Regular
Yes C®ø§$ Bób I have to agree with the others, I don't think you'll like it. So save your money, still a great film though and I'll be watching it tonight *smile*

When should movies be released on DVD?

The time between Cinema release and DVD release seems to be getting shorter and studios like Disney would love to release DVDs the same day as they open in cinemas. Is that a good idea? Do you think you'll ever stop going to the cinema when you finally get (if ever) that High Definition flatscreen TV and High Definition DVD player with the surround sound?
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I really can't see the problem. In fact going with people can
> frequently lessen my enjoyment of a film. Fidgety people who won't
> shut up or stop grazing loudly next to you.

Exactly.

There's also the case that if it's something a little less mainstreram, and you know for a fact your imediate circle of friends are NOT going to enjoy it, why make them suffer?
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:06
Regular
Gah, you know what I mean. My house generally involves an embarissing mother and a bed to fit 4 people on.
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:01
Regular
So is it alright for your friends to come to your house and watch a film with you, or are they very, very sad? :P
Sun 09/10/05 at 21:00
Regular
Because you're going out, as in a social thing. Your home is generally for you, public places are for the public (obv) and for you and your friends to go. Either way this is my opinion and in the end all this arguement boils down to is opinion.
Sun 09/10/05 at 20:58
Regular
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Though take note that i'm still quite
> young therefore still in school, on Live or out on the street like
> the chav I am so I don't really have that much spare time.

No neither do I anymore. It's a shame as going to the cinema during the day is the best time in my opinion. You can arrive 5 minutes before the film is due to start, wander in, pay for your ticket and get a decent seat. Once the film has ended, you can get up and leave without waiting in stupid long queues.

Also the places are usually empty, so you don't have to listen to young gimps shouting or making stupid noises, kicking the seats or throwing popcorn.
Sun 09/10/05 at 20:57
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Oriental Rib wrote:
> Yes but a DVD is in your home. Spending money to go out to a public
> establishment on your own? I just don't see the point unless you go
> with friends as I feel the Cinema is more a social thing to do with
> friends then anything else.

How on earth can going to watch a movie in a building specifically designed for movies to be watched in, be less important than having friends there?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.