GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's lame but.."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 06/10/05 at 18:18
Regular
I've won a game and don't know what to claim.

Never really like doing these posts but I really haven't a clue. Was gonna claim FIFA 2006 (before you comment I like FIFA, I know it's not as great as Pro Evo and this game features a Pro Evo control method) but SR do not stock it.

Which I find intensely unusual, I can only guess there was some problem with their supplier or something.

Anyway.

I'm looking at Gun, King Kong, Fire Emblem and Batallion Wars as potential alternatives despite their placement being in november.

Unfortunatly I haven't a clue how good any of them are and I've never played a Fire Emblem game (although I trust Intelligent Studios greatly).

Any recommendations from the experienced game followers on my favourite Nintendo forum?

Dringo.
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:18
Regular
I've won a game and don't know what to claim.

Never really like doing these posts but I really haven't a clue. Was gonna claim FIFA 2006 (before you comment I like FIFA, I know it's not as great as Pro Evo and this game features a Pro Evo control method) but SR do not stock it.

Which I find intensely unusual, I can only guess there was some problem with their supplier or something.

Anyway.

I'm looking at Gun, King Kong, Fire Emblem and Batallion Wars as potential alternatives despite their placement being in november.

Unfortunatly I haven't a clue how good any of them are and I've never played a Fire Emblem game (although I trust Intelligent Studios greatly).

Any recommendations from the experienced game followers on my favourite Nintendo forum?

Dringo.
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:20
Regular
"8==="
Spartan, Hulk, X-men and I know you really want to get the True Crime sequel.
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I've played both the Fire Emblem GBA games (imported the second from America) and I have 3, 4 and 5 on my SNES Emulator... if you're a fan of Advance Wars, you'll love Fire Emblem. It's similar to Advance Wars (both created by IS, obviously) but implements RPG-elements, and is different enough to set itself apart from AW. I highly reccomend pre-ordering the GC version, it's my most wanted game this year.

Advance Wars: Under Fire has received very, very positive reviews, but I'm going to wait until the UK release as opposed to importing. They'll both be quality games, guaranteed, so it would be wise to choose either.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:17
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Spartan, Hulk, X-men and I know you really want to get the True Crime
> sequel.

Actually True Crime is one I am intrigued by. If, that is, they greatly improve on the original. There has been 2 years mind.

I love Intelligent Studios and Fire Emblem does sound interesting. Not normally my game so might be good to give it a go.

Batallion Wars I am very very interested in, got good reviews as well. Sadly I can't find a concrete UK release date for it. Despite it already being out in America.

Not gonna get Geist anymore.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:19
Regular
"8==="
I still reckon Spartan's going to seriously push the Cube and wow people.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:31
Regular
Not my sorta game.

Just found out Batallion Wars is also no longer stocked.
Thu 06/10/05 at 19:35
Regular
"8==="
Big free-flowing battles where you have to use your head?

It should rock muchly.
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:01
Regular
Battallion Wars = Advance Wars: Under Fire?
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:08
Regular
Indeed.
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:11
Regular
Get that then. BW is really good.

Also if you weren't such a newb you could get Advance Wars or Castlevania for the DS. I've got both waiting for me at home, can't wait to leave uni at the weekend and pick them up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.