GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Have Microsoft screwed up the launch of Fable?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Fri 08/10/04 at 10:35
Regular
Just been down to Woolworths, Blockbuster, Asda and Whsmiths and all of them are waiting for delivery of stock. Stupid Woolworths got my hopes up by putting out the empty boxes on the shelves and then told me that they haven't received any stock yet.

Along with that though Gameplay, Play.com and a few other webistes don't have any stock either. For such a big game it's not exactly a very impressive launch.

Anyway, just phoned Gamestation and they've got stock so I'm off to catch a bus into Liverpool city center.

It might not be a long game but it's a f***ing treck to get it on release day.
Fri 08/10/04 at 10:57
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I'm contemplating picking it up at the high street if I see it today. Of course that'd be stupid when I have it as a GAD prize, but I've really been looking forward to it.

Just to add a kick to the nuts, had loads of post this morning through the door. Seems like everybody who could have possibly contacted us did. I heard my Mum say "wow ! loads of post this morning !" and I was in bed thinking "Yay ! Fable must be in the mail !"

I heard her opening a load of it for like 2 minutes, then came the knock on my door and I was practically smiling from ear to ear. She then basically chucked a credit card application letter at me. So I ended up sitting there with the face of a kicked dog.
Fri 08/10/04 at 10:45
Regular
"Teal'c"
Oh dear, I totally forgot about Fable being released today.
Boo-urns.

I'll have to go into Blackpool later. Although I refuse to pay anymore than £32.99.
Fri 08/10/04 at 10:41
Regular
Because I'm impatient.

Oh and I really have nothing else to do today until this evening, so I might as well make use of my time instead of sitting on my ass scratching my nuts all day.
Fri 08/10/04 at 10:41
Regular
Yup, Gamestation have loads of stock in.
Fri 08/10/04 at 10:38
Regular
Why not wait? They will surely have some tomorrow and if not Monday.
Fri 08/10/04 at 10:35
Regular
Just been down to Woolworths, Blockbuster, Asda and Whsmiths and all of them are waiting for delivery of stock. Stupid Woolworths got my hopes up by putting out the empty boxes on the shelves and then told me that they haven't received any stock yet.

Along with that though Gameplay, Play.com and a few other webistes don't have any stock either. For such a big game it's not exactly a very impressive launch.

Anyway, just phoned Gamestation and they've got stock so I'm off to catch a bus into Liverpool city center.

It might not be a long game but it's a f***ing treck to get it on release day.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.