GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Creative Zens..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/10/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im thinking of getting rid of my iPod Mini for one of these Creative Zens you lot always go on about, but before I put my iPod on Ebay, can somebody tell me which Zen I should get?

I dont want a really chunky one, but I dont mind it being slightly bigger than the iPod Mini, I also want to have about 4-6GB of space.

Thats it really. I assume the sound quality is just as good as the iPod's and the battery life just as good if not better than the iPod.

Once i've got a few suggestions i'll go and see how much I can get one for to see whether it's worth selling my iPod for one.

Thanks.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:45
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
I've a 30GB Zen Xtra.

It's a little chunky, but it cost about £115.

So in my opinion, as far as value for money goes, the iPod is actually fairly poor.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:44
Regular
"Mozzy"
Wow, I can get that Creative Zen Touch 20GB for the same money I can sell my iPod Mini for. Are you sure there isn't a catch? Are you sure the sound quality is good?

Im just a bit shocked that it is so darn cheap.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wasn't comparing it to itunes, MS itself is an excellent media player.

Can convert formats and loads of stuff.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:30
Regular
"Mozzy"
tnc wrote:
> At least Zens are about half the price of iPods, with nearly double
> the memory.

This is one of the main reasons I want to get one.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:20
Regular
Yes, but you can just download songs via another programme and then update them.

At least Zens are about half the price of iPods, with nearly double the memory. When you update your iPod there's been many problems for people, such as having all their songs wiped.

There's no dash in 'iPod'
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:17
Regular
tnc wrote:

> Update - I'd have to agree with Cycloon, songs can be imported from
> files simply with a few clicks using Mediasource, and all of the
> icons are arranged clearly. You can even take songs of audio cds
> easily. Also, when you add the name of the file it is very simplistic
> to modify the track title and artist etc

Nah, you can't download songs for starters, organising playlists is rather crap as it doesn't update your Zen. So in order to change a play list you have to deleate the old one and re-install the new one.

Although, technically, you have more freedom. If you master it that is.

For a while you'll be swearing blind.

When my Zen breaks or battery dies I will be going back to the I-pod.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:15
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> MediaSource is excellent, what are you on?
>
> Easy and versatile.

I-tunes Vs. MediaSource...

There is only one winner.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:04
Regular
The Zen Micro is the smaller version of the Zen touch and has 5 GB of memory.

If you want something a little larger, with the trademark 'touchpad' and that can store 20 GB then go for the Zen Touch.

There's even a Creative Nomad (unsure if that's the exact name) that has 60 GB of storage.

I assume you know how many songs each memory holds (such as 20 GB is 10000 songs)

Update - I'd have to agree with Cycloon, songs can be imported from files simply with a few clicks using Mediasource, and all of the icons are arranged clearly. You can even take songs of audio cds easily. Also, when you add the name of the file it is very simplistic to modify the track title and artist etc
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
MediaSource is excellent, what are you on?

Easy and versatile.
Sun 02/10/05 at 19:11
Regular
Zen's software is terrible when compared to i-tunes. There's a warning.

Also get the smaller Zen if you don't care for size. The smaller one has changeable batteries as well as looking much better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.