GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Creative Zens..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 02/10/05 at 18:58
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im thinking of getting rid of my iPod Mini for one of these Creative Zens you lot always go on about, but before I put my iPod on Ebay, can somebody tell me which Zen I should get?

I dont want a really chunky one, but I dont mind it being slightly bigger than the iPod Mini, I also want to have about 4-6GB of space.

Thats it really. I assume the sound quality is just as good as the iPod's and the battery life just as good if not better than the iPod.

Once i've got a few suggestions i'll go and see how much I can get one for to see whether it's worth selling my iPod for one.

Thanks.
Thu 06/10/05 at 21:47
Regular
It wasn't something on the internet, but instead something someone told me.

I'll ask them and see if I can get any info.
Thu 06/10/05 at 21:39
Regular
"topgamer above all"
Hmmm.Don't know
Thu 06/10/05 at 21:35
tnc wrote:
> One thing said about the Zens was that at full volume (25) some people
> said it was still not loud enough (25 is enough for everyone in the
> room to hear it quite clearly), an issue that was addressed by
> releasing patches that let you upgrade the volume.

any links?
Sun 02/10/05 at 21:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I never have my volume on that high. I'd like to sill be able to listen to music in later life.
Sun 02/10/05 at 21:14
Regular
"Mozzy"
I wont have th volume that high because my doc told me I had an ear infection because I had my iPod volume up too high. :(
Sun 02/10/05 at 21:11
Regular
I thought that, but it's mainly for people who choose to try and use it like speakers, they leave the headphones in and just turn the volume up. Something that defeats the purpose of it really...
Sun 02/10/05 at 21:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Well if you want to get deaf fast, 25 will do the job.

:S
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:49
Regular
One thing said about the Zens was that at full volume (25) some people said it was still not loud enough (25 is enough for everyone in the room to hear it quite clearly), an issue that was addressed by releasing patches that let you upgrade the volume.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Zens are good!

Seriously, except the headphone jack issue on the Micros (I guess it's fixed now...ask around [URL]http://www.nomadness.com[/URL]), I've never had an issue. Sound quality/volume etc all excellent.
Sun 02/10/05 at 20:48
Regular
Creative are cheaper simply because they don't have the massive fanbase and popularity of the iPod, so they make their products cheaper.

All you really lose with the Zen is that you can't play those phone-style games from the minis, they are heavier and there is no speaker on the back (do iPods have one anyway?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.