GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Follow on dreams"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 19:17
I know I'll get a torrent of abuse here, but this was just plain weird. Have you ever had a dream that, once reaching a decisive point (such as someone getting arrested, death etc.), you wake up immediately and then want to go back "in"? I recall being awake for a split second (I did open my eyes) before going back to sleep again.

Now, instead of turning into a totally new dream, or better still, sleeping in peace, I get the follow on events "episode" of the last dream, but with things that are slightly different, but nonetheless the consequences of the story occur as they should. I won't write about it, merely because it sounds plain stupid on screen, but it did have a coherent story order of events.

Uh, no matter, back to what you were doing. I was just totally f-ed up there for a while.
Sun 25/09/05 at 12:45
Regular
I get that sometimes.
I remember once when I was getting to know a girl when I woke up.
I then wanted to go back "in" and sort of did but... you don't quite go back in the same way. There's a follow on of events but a different vibe, like a sequel...

Anysway, what's with all this shame?
Dreams are great! I remember once I wound up as some sort of terrorist bomber but didn't want to hurt anyone, so if I was given a bomb to place in a busy place (I think I was given a shopping centre) I got cold feet and then started running around with the live bomb, looking for somewhere to drop it.

The centre was multi leveled with elevators "steps". The bottom one looked like it had boxes (storage) and I couldn't see anyone so I just dropped it down there. Later I was given a mission to plant a bomb somewhere, anysway it planted and then we heard sirens so we scattered and hid. I sort of went back to the scene to see if it had gone off. It turned out that we'd planted it on a tree outside a church. People I knew were crowding around the blackened tree, wondering who would do such a thing...

Weird dream. I'm suprised I remembered it considering I had it about 7 and a half years ago. I think it was partially inspired by the first hour of Final Fantasy 7 that I'd played at a friends house. :-D
Sun 25/09/05 at 12:50
Regular
Rai wrote:
> Lately, I've been seeing things (places, events) in my dreams, and
> then seeing them when I'm awake (deja vus). This is considered
> normal, but when it happens 3 times a day...

Wehey! I get that too sometimes.
Although sometimes I get "wrong" pre-monitions.
For example, at one point we were going to get a new car. I had a dream where mum and dad told me they'd decided that they'd weighed up the costs and decided we weren't going to get a car. So I woke up thinking that we weren't getting one anymore (sometimes these deja vu style dreams do get mixed up with genuine memories) and then was pleasantly surprised to see that we were. :-)

When I went to university last year my dreams sort of combined into hallucinations. I remember seeing people walking through my wardrobe... from the right side, pushing through clothes and then through the left side... I had a sort of dream where I got a view of a sort of tunnel passage that went through my wardrobe. A girl I liked saw me and waved as she went by but then she went and got with someone else in real life! Hmph!
Sun 25/09/05 at 12:59
Regular
I sometimes have elaborate and intricate dreams which seem so real until you wake.

Dreams are just really really crazy.
Sun 25/09/05 at 13:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
øne-eye wrote:
> The weirdest thing happened to me when I was 13...I was having a
> really bad nightmare - can't remember the details, but I knew in the
> dream that it wasn't real and I wanted to get out of it.
>
> My eyes opened (and this is the freaky bit), I couldn't move! I
> frantically tried to move my arms and legs but only my neck would
> "nod" forward. There was a silhouette (bad spelling) of a
> hooded guy right in front of me for a couple of seconds.
>
> It wasn't a dream in a dream or anything like that... I've never been
> so frightened or experienced anything similar since (thankfully).

I have dreams where I know I'm dreaming and want to get out of it as well - usually to do with death or something unpleasant and I try and wake myself up which is really weird.

I've also woken up and couldn't move and the only thing I can assume is I was right on the edge of sleep/awake.
Sun 25/09/05 at 19:30
Regular
"Green & White Army"
Not really the same thing but do any of you feel as though your falling when your about to drift into sleep. do sometimes and it scares the cack out of me!

I also get a huge leg cramp when I sleep several times a year that has me rolling in pain for a good minute and then I fall asleep again straight after. It gives me a slight limp the next day though.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:33
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I tend to dream a lot, and there have been times where I've woken up from a dream only to go straight into the follow-up when I'm back asleep. Usually, it's a some time after and something's been missed while I've been awake. Almost as if the dream wouldn't be missing any segments at all, if I hadn't briefly woke up.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:37
Regular
"\\"
I had a wet dream this morning.

Yer.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:40
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have dreams where something happens in it (usually a minor event) and later on, perhaps the next day or afterwards, I think that I actually did what happened in the dream - say it was to phone someone, I may have done it in the dream and then think I've done it in real life. Yes, I know that is complicated sounding but meh.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Last night/this morning I had a dream about the film Willow. Only Sean Bean and a lot of orcs were in it, as was Darth Vader and some storm troopers, and me with a jet pack.

Suffice to say it was very entertaining (without even having any female nudity, as non-sex dreams are rarely any good) as I stormed about killing orcs, shooting storm troopers and flying about with who I guess was Han Solo and some other random people. And Sean Bean. And the midget friend of Willow who goes home after hurting his arm. And the midget warriors who go with him at the start, y'know, the one from Ghoulies 2 and the limo driver from Me, Myself & Irene.

I think waking up and falling asleep again was what shifted it from orcs to storm troopers but it was still the same basic dream (complete with Willow's plot, which is basically LOTR anyway) Storming a castle with a bunch of midgets is an experience I'll never forget.
Sun 25/09/05 at 21:04
"Tesco value"
Had a dream about Makosi from big brother and that nurse from holby city, the one who just had a baby from Ruben I think.

gave them both a cheeky slap on their arris and they both hopped in my bed.

Lets hope I get a 'follow on' tonight

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.