GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Follow on dreams"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 19:17
I know I'll get a torrent of abuse here, but this was just plain weird. Have you ever had a dream that, once reaching a decisive point (such as someone getting arrested, death etc.), you wake up immediately and then want to go back "in"? I recall being awake for a split second (I did open my eyes) before going back to sleep again.

Now, instead of turning into a totally new dream, or better still, sleeping in peace, I get the follow on events "episode" of the last dream, but with things that are slightly different, but nonetheless the consequences of the story occur as they should. I won't write about it, merely because it sounds plain stupid on screen, but it did have a coherent story order of events.

Uh, no matter, back to what you were doing. I was just totally f-ed up there for a while.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:17
I know I'll get a torrent of abuse here, but this was just plain weird. Have you ever had a dream that, once reaching a decisive point (such as someone getting arrested, death etc.), you wake up immediately and then want to go back "in"? I recall being awake for a split second (I did open my eyes) before going back to sleep again.

Now, instead of turning into a totally new dream, or better still, sleeping in peace, I get the follow on events "episode" of the last dream, but with things that are slightly different, but nonetheless the consequences of the story occur as they should. I won't write about it, merely because it sounds plain stupid on screen, but it did have a coherent story order of events.

Uh, no matter, back to what you were doing. I was just totally f-ed up there for a while.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I very rarely dream (or more correctly, remember my dreams), so no I can't tell you why you're wrong in the head.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:20
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I have loads of dreams where I wake up just as a major event happens. For example, getting hit by a lorry where I'll wake up just before I'm hit etc.

If I do drop off again though I've never gone back into the same dream.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:22
Before anyone says it... it does resemble the Matrix "realities" in a way.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:22
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Dreams are awesome though, aren't they? One I do remember from years back was me and someone else riding a boat through lava, taking turns at shooting dinosaurs and driving. And this was before I'd ever played a computer game.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:29
I once had a not so original dream of me denying a hold-up at the local store. Probably Spar. Afterwards, having an ice cream as a reward (I was only 10-ish then). It was a genuine feeling of accomplishment before I woke up.

Another thing with this dream though, once I'd woken up for good and starting writing this crap here,I felt as if my head was trying to tell me something important, as if each part of the story resembled something similar to my life. Like I said, WEIRD.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:38
Regular
"the burning sky"
Not recently, but I have had dreams like you mentioned. There's even been times when I've woken up and thought, 'why didnt I do this/that in a particular situatuion'. They tend to be more about my life as apposed to something completely random. A few years ago I was able to think about something before I went to sleep, and was able to dream about it.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:59
So everything was as it should be, like in real life? Because though I was me (what a quote), everything else wasn't. There were certainly some similarities towards real life stuff. That's where I was getting the "This dream is important for you to understand" vibe.
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:30
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
lcarus wrote:
> I recall being awake for a split second (I did open my eyes) before going back to sleep again.

I've been there. Except, it wasn't a dream I wanted to go back into.

:(
Sat 24/09/05 at 20:37
Regular
"The Red Shift"
lcarus wrote:
> I know I'll get a torrent of abuse here, but this was just plain
> weird. Have you ever had a dream that, once reaching a decisive point
> (such as someone getting arrested, death etc.), you wake up
> immediately and then want to go back "in"?

I do know that. Very well.

I've never "gone back in" though. Sounds cool. I wish I could do it all the time. At a drop of a hat.

I always have the wackiest nightmares, in the most bizarre scenarios ever. But my dreams all have real people in real places. Strange that?

A Life Topic methinks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.