GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Follow on dreams"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 24/09/05 at 19:17
I know I'll get a torrent of abuse here, but this was just plain weird. Have you ever had a dream that, once reaching a decisive point (such as someone getting arrested, death etc.), you wake up immediately and then want to go back "in"? I recall being awake for a split second (I did open my eyes) before going back to sleep again.

Now, instead of turning into a totally new dream, or better still, sleeping in peace, I get the follow on events "episode" of the last dream, but with things that are slightly different, but nonetheless the consequences of the story occur as they should. I won't write about it, merely because it sounds plain stupid on screen, but it did have a coherent story order of events.

Uh, no matter, back to what you were doing. I was just totally f-ed up there for a while.
Mon 26/09/05 at 17:03
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
KopKing wrote:
> Not really the same thing but do any of you feel as though your
> falling when your about to drift into sleep. do sometimes and it
> scares the cack out of me!
>
> I also get a huge leg cramp when I sleep several times a year that
> has me rolling in pain for a good minute and then I fall asleep again
> straight after. It gives me a slight limp the next day though.

JLS? Jerking Leg Syndrome?

I get that all the time. Basically, it feels like you're falling because your leg suddenly jerks. Try putting your knees up for the full experience.

I remember a dream I had recently, which was odd, and probably inspired mostly by the last two episodes of Doctor Who. Me and some mates were infiltrating a space station, in which the walls were completely white. There were staff, and I think I saw a Dalek... anyway, there's this guy at school who really gets on my nerves, and I saw him in the dream. We started to fall down this deep hole, but I did a kick-off on his head and leapt to freedom, while he fell to a presumably painful and bloody death.

Aren't we nice people?
Mon 26/09/05 at 16:58
Regular
"That's right!"
Hedfix wrote:
> Realising you're in a dream and consciously changing it as you go is a
> very cool thing.

------

It's like being in the matrix. If I know it's a dream I can re-wind stuff and try again, it's pretty cool.
Mon 26/09/05 at 02:17
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
yeah that's so cool. Like 'I know I'm half asleep and I know this is a dream but I will win the lottery'
Mon 26/09/05 at 01:38
Regular
"8==="
Realising you're in a dream and consciously changing it as you go is a very cool thing.

Like being in 'The Zone' in a dream sense.
Mon 26/09/05 at 01:37
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
I love follow on dreams.

Sometimes I wake from a great dream and try and go back to sleep back into the dream. Some times it works, others it don't.
Mon 26/09/05 at 01:27
Regular
Ah ha, so that's why I've been getting cramp in my leg more often while I've been at Uni.
Mon 26/09/05 at 01:06
Regular
KopKing wrote:
> I also get a huge leg cramp when I sleep several times a year that
> has me rolling in pain for a good minute and then I fall asleep again
> straight after.

I used to get that sometimes, usually if I went to bed with alcohol still in my system. I found that when you start to feel it cramp, instead of curling up (which I think is the instinctive thing to do) start shaking it. I think that gets the blood supply going to it and stops it from cramping. It seemed to work for me atleast! :-)
Sun 25/09/05 at 21:04
"Tesco value"
Had a dream about Makosi from big brother and that nurse from holby city, the one who just had a baby from Ruben I think.

gave them both a cheeky slap on their arris and they both hopped in my bed.

Lets hope I get a 'follow on' tonight
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Last night/this morning I had a dream about the film Willow. Only Sean Bean and a lot of orcs were in it, as was Darth Vader and some storm troopers, and me with a jet pack.

Suffice to say it was very entertaining (without even having any female nudity, as non-sex dreams are rarely any good) as I stormed about killing orcs, shooting storm troopers and flying about with who I guess was Han Solo and some other random people. And Sean Bean. And the midget friend of Willow who goes home after hurting his arm. And the midget warriors who go with him at the start, y'know, the one from Ghoulies 2 and the limo driver from Me, Myself & Irene.

I think waking up and falling asleep again was what shifted it from orcs to storm troopers but it was still the same basic dream (complete with Willow's plot, which is basically LOTR anyway) Storming a castle with a bunch of midgets is an experience I'll never forget.
Sun 25/09/05 at 20:40
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have dreams where something happens in it (usually a minor event) and later on, perhaps the next day or afterwards, I think that I actually did what happened in the dream - say it was to phone someone, I may have done it in the dream and then think I've done it in real life. Yes, I know that is complicated sounding but meh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.