GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Book help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/09/05 at 20:06
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I'm looking for a novel, or a series of novels, that have assassins in them as a sort of central theme. Preferably fictional, fantasy or sci fi in genre, wouldn't be too fussed on real life stuff. I know this is a sort of vague description, but I can't think of a better way to describe it. Anyway, thanks in advance.
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:42
Regular
I prefer chavvy-spiffing speak.

ie: You get me old bean? That was jolly wicked.
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:12
Regular
'Pompous'
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:11
Regular
Which is?
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:05
Regular
Meh

I use 'essay-speak' on these forums
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:00
Regular
tnc wrote:
> In an 'adult book' I can read every word in it and that isn't being
> exaggerated, I can nearly read most of the words in something like
> Shakespeare.
>
> When I say read I mean understand. It's worrying if you can't read an
> adult book at your age.

I can read an adult book. But like I say i'm not a human dictionary and every person is sure to come across a word in a book they don't know the meaning of.
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:59
Regular
hey tnc mate, you want to know something funny? every time i read one of your posts you come off as being a pompous germ. funny huh?
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:55
Regular
In an 'adult book' I can read every word in it and that isn't being exaggerated, I can nearly read most of the words in something like Shakespeare.

When I say read I mean understand. It's worrying if you can't read an adult book at your age.
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:52
Regular
I urge you to read it

And spell 'mom' as 'mum' you Yankee
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:51
Regular
tnc wrote:

> You need to look up words in a dictionary for things more
> intellectually challenging than Alex Rider?

Well of course i do, there are a lot more intellectually challenging books then Alex Rider. i should really have said a lot more. I mean if I was reading an adult book. I wouldn't try to pretend to myself that I could understand every word in it. That would be a foolish thing to do.

Yeah. I read Garth Nix aswell, i'm currently enjoying his "Keys to the kingdom" series.
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:50
Regular
"0228"
tnc wrote:
> Shade's Children is a slightly more 'teen' book and isn't
> tecnnically an assassin book but it still has an original
> plot, SF and gratuitous violence.
>
> It's by Garth Nix but was a promotional freebie to Ottakars, so you
> may not be able to buy it.

My mom gave me a copy of that for Christmas. She didn't realise that it said "Ottaker's Free Exclusive" on the front cover until I pointed it out to her. Still haven't read it either.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.