GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Question Time tonight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/10/09 at 14:42
Regular
Who's going to be watching it?
This may interest some of you.

Sadly, I have no t.v.
Fri 23/10/09 at 13:00
Regular
"I like turtles"
Has there ever been a protest against protesters ?.That would be interesting.
Fri 23/10/09 at 10:20
"Are you sure?"
I've just been reading the BBC's HYS on this - I find myself agreeing with some of the points on there criticising the way things went.

Shame the other panellists didn't deliver a knock out verbal blow. Griffin no doubt got some sympathy from some viewers. The panel (including Dimbleby!) should have debated not bullied.

I had to laugh when Straw et all said you're not answering the question! Perhaps they should take a look at themselves...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 23/10/09 at 10:16
"possibly impossible"
It was certainly an interesting show.

I'm more concerned over some of the comments on many of the news reports that came out this morning.

The BNP seem to be doing fantastically in gaining the support of people who are too ignorant to look into their history and just go on face values, the same people who will believe what they read in a newspaper and form a lynch mob over some stupid story.

The issue is that this has happened before. There was this guy in Germany who was originally banned from public speaking over his views then towed the legal line to make his party legally able to enter the political arena. He succeeded in gaining leadership of his party in 1933 and played on individual fears to get the 'working class people's' vote. Once in power...well, you know the rest.

Ok, you could call that conjecture, but looking in to Griffin's past it's all shockingly familiar. You can say 'oh, surely no-one would vote for them to give them power' but people already have and looking at some of those discussion boards those same 'working class' people who are angry because they've lost jobs (despite not wanting to take up new ones because they're too proud to be a street sweeper etc) think that they've been hard done by.
Fri 23/10/09 at 10:11
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
They were almost rioting over the fact that he is "against human rights" basically. Yet they refused to let him have a voice? 0_o

I can guarantee that the people there were the same people that protested about G8, about the war and even about the airport expansion. I hate protestors with a passion.

And BNP? let them have their views. If I don't want to listen I don't have to. We have been through this all before on these forums if I remember and my view has not really changed.

If the country was not in the state it is currently, people wouldn't be so easily persuaded by these extreme views, (if you can call them extreme even).

At some point or in some way every British person has probably felt let down by the governments choices. Especially in response to the current view on the benefits and immigration policies.
Fri 23/10/09 at 08:25
Regular
I don't have any sympathy or support for the BNP, but I do believe in freedom of speech.

Surely the protestors' actions were rather fascist in themselves?

I haven't seen this weeks QT yet, but it has already made more people aware of the BNP which, as has already been mentioned, is rather ironic.
Fri 23/10/09 at 08:05
Regular
"I like turtles"
Garin wrote:
> Machie wrote:
> What did you think of it all Garin?
>
> It was basically a lynching that even the presenter took part
> in. I dont think thats the way to convince people of the evils
> of the BNP. I doubt Nick Griffin will get much sympathy but I've
> no doubt his treatment will become part of his party's spiel now.
> Especially as they like phrases like "political elite"
> these days.

Well said Garin and a very good point raised there.I think some people will feel that Griffin was basically bullied by the panel and the pretty hostile audience and like you said with even the presenter appearing to join in.Don't think that myself,reckon Griffin was pretty much exposed for what he is on the show but could see how some could think he was given a rough time.His party now will most probably attempt to exploit this situation.Like I said before the publicity Griffin and his party have gained from this does not appear be have been a positive thing IMO.
Fri 23/10/09 at 01:16
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Machie wrote:
> What did you think of it all Garin?

It was basically a lynching that even the presenter took part in. I dont think thats the way to convince people of the evils of the BNP. I doubt Nick Griffin will get much sympathy but I've no doubt his treatment will become part of his party's spiel now. Especially as they like phrases like "political elite" these days.
Fri 23/10/09 at 00:43
Regular
What did you think of it all Garin?
Fri 23/10/09 at 00:36
Regular
"I like turtles"
Well I watched it the program and my view on Griffin being a tool most certainly has not changed.Do kind of think the whole question time thing has given him and his party an enormous amount of publicity,the kind of which they probably could not have gained via most conventional means.Griffin himself came across as a bumbling misinformed idiot who seemed to constantly change what he thought.Like I previously mentioned,I do not agree in anyway with his views or policies and have largely ignored him and his party to date and will continue to so.But if the saying is true that 'no publicity is bad publicity',then that idiot Griffin has just got his party more coverage than he could possibly have dreamed of and the BBC (along with the protesters) have just helped him do it.
Fri 23/10/09 at 00:24
Regular
Ironically, the only thing the protesters really achieved was drawing more attention to the episode, ultimately increasing viewership. WHOOPS

I think I'll be watching it tommorow when I return to London :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.