GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This whole petrol thing..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 16:54
Regular
... I think the country is going mad.

With people at work reckoning that petrol stations in Bishops Stortford (where I work) are already running out (how true this is I don't know. And the huge queues I saw myself last night in the town where I live (Braintree) everyone seems to be panic buying.

Why? Surely things aren't going to get as bad as they were 5 years ago when even buses and ambulances were starting to run out - no one wants to see that again.

What do they expect the government to do? If they reduce the tax on petrol, then something else will have to go up to make up the difference.

I don't understand about the whole OPEC thing though, I read that they were going to be asked to up production - which gives the impression they're not running at full capacity at the moment - why not? Or are they content to sit there and collect the the 60+ dollars a barrel or whatever it is now.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:27
Regular
We sold 4 times as much fuel as normal today at the garage I work at, mostly with people filling up jerry cans. We are expecting a tanker delivery tomorrow morning, and I'm so convinced we won't have any problems that I haven't filled up yet, despite almost being on the red.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:40
Regular
I got a full tank of diesel last week as i'm gangsta.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:42
Regular
I hope the country descends into a mad max style wasteland, where V8 interceptors tear up the roads and freaky looking geezers in gyrocopters point twelve bores in your face. "Looks like I got me some gasoline, eh? EH?"
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:53
"High polygon count"
Get a bus. Or a pushbike. Or walk. Or a job nearer home.

Only lazy people need be affected.
Wed 14/09/05 at 00:02
Regular
"8==="
I agree. ;)
Wed 14/09/05 at 09:02
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Oh lord, I'm now constantly going to be looking over my shoulder when I'm in Stortford (where I live) wondering which wierdo I pass might be YH.

I'm scared.
Wed 14/09/05 at 09:09
Regular
Ah yes but the only times I'm in Stortford I imagine you'll be in Sawbo. So you don't need to be that scared...
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:16
Regular
"..."
Smedlos wrote:
> They're not even planning on blocking the refineries are they?

Nope, because after last time, the government made t illegal to block refineries. The worst they can do is drive very slowly in front of the tankers, forcing them to slow down. Which doesn't really have the effect...
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:34
Regular
I read on Sky News that the biggest demonstration consisted of .... 12 people.

Haha.
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:38
Regular
"not dead"
They don't even need to go near the refineries to cause a fuss.

Just put a press release out saying they're planning a blockade, and people will start to act like idiots.

My solution is an odd one. Wreck my car so it's in a garage, not using any of it's precious, precious petrol. I'd like to claim that the state it is now in was wholly deliberate, but that would be a lie.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.