GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This whole petrol thing..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 16:54
Regular
... I think the country is going mad.

With people at work reckoning that petrol stations in Bishops Stortford (where I work) are already running out (how true this is I don't know. And the huge queues I saw myself last night in the town where I live (Braintree) everyone seems to be panic buying.

Why? Surely things aren't going to get as bad as they were 5 years ago when even buses and ambulances were starting to run out - no one wants to see that again.

What do they expect the government to do? If they reduce the tax on petrol, then something else will have to go up to make up the difference.

I don't understand about the whole OPEC thing though, I read that they were going to be asked to up production - which gives the impression they're not running at full capacity at the moment - why not? Or are they content to sit there and collect the the 60+ dollars a barrel or whatever it is now.
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Ah crap using train on Friday, hope it's ok.
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:13
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I laugh at how the "fuel crisis" (hahaha) has been generated by the fear of some generating queues which have escalated, drawing in further people just because they see queues. Basically the petrol isn't running out, stations tanks are being emptied because sooo many people are buying it.

It'll just keep on coming along, which makes me laugh hugely when everyone goes "Oh noes. Pet-troll!!1!!"

It's kinda like a cartoon I saw once, amongst other things.

As for electric cars, they still require a certain amount of petrol...
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:30
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
They're not even planning on blocking the refineries are they?

Apparently they're inviting people along tomorrow morning to just stand outside and protest.
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:38
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
What a great place for me to live at the moment. There's a petrol crisis brewing and a protest liekly tomorrow, apparently according to the news that I just saw. But to top it al off, there's a bus strike, lasting one week, in a dispute over pay.

Now, just how am I supposed to get to college on Thursday and Friday if the protest lasts longer than one day? Because I'm not in tomorrow.

And that peed me off even more so. I try to book a driving lesson for tomorrow and my instructor says he's fully booked!
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:15
Regular
Run your car on cooking oil!
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
or virgin blood.
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:18
"period drama"
I run mine with a raised fist and occasional, unprovoked bursts of extreme kindness. Keeps it guessing.
Tue 13/09/05 at 19:21
Regular
They are meant to be blocking the Refineries, are they not? I will ask my dad when he gets back from work tomorow if they bloked it XD

But i heard that our local "Total" Garrage has an underground pipe to the Total Refinery which is only about 6 miles east of it XD not sure if that is true, but i dont think it will run out lol plus there USED to be 3 refeneries by me, one closed, but the remaining two are linked via underground/water pipe line (they are about 5 miles apart depends how you look at it) and they only seem to block one, so it sends fuel to the other and that one has all the trucks coming and going teeheehee
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A weeks worth of petrol sold in one day. As soon as the pumps are filled up again in the next day or so no-one will need to fill up really so there won't be a problem!
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:17
Regular
Was really quite annoyed earlier.

Have to be in Leeds for 9am tomorrow (about an hour and a half away in good traffic). Only had quarter of a tank, so thought I'd save the hassle of getting up earlier tomorrow and fill up tonight.

3 garages were shut, the fourth had a queue about 100 yards long. I queued up purely because I have no intention of getting stranded in yorkshire tomorrow afternoon.

Bunch of half witted mouth-breathers. Some of them filling up petrol cans when they have already filled their tanks. This country really is the pits.

Oh, and it isn't double standards before you chirp up, but I'm 100% behind the fuel protests. Every time we visit a garage forecourt we are metaphorically pulling down our pants and bending over (some of us literally). Gordon Brown says the fuel companies should 'pump more fuel'. Yes, that makes sense, after all, they like pumping it at a leisurely pace, that way they make less money. What a d!ck.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.