GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This whole petrol thing..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/09/05 at 16:54
Regular
... I think the country is going mad.

With people at work reckoning that petrol stations in Bishops Stortford (where I work) are already running out (how true this is I don't know. And the huge queues I saw myself last night in the town where I live (Braintree) everyone seems to be panic buying.

Why? Surely things aren't going to get as bad as they were 5 years ago when even buses and ambulances were starting to run out - no one wants to see that again.

What do they expect the government to do? If they reduce the tax on petrol, then something else will have to go up to make up the difference.

I don't understand about the whole OPEC thing though, I read that they were going to be asked to up production - which gives the impression they're not running at full capacity at the moment - why not? Or are they content to sit there and collect the the 60+ dollars a barrel or whatever it is now.
Sat 24/09/05 at 19:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Hurricane Rita = Even higher petrol prices
Wed 14/09/05 at 19:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
ssxpro wrote:
> Also, leaded petrol on sale... eek.

Ah that brings back memories! 2* and 4*.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:12
Regular
I wonder if it'd actually be possible to do that.

Depending on the price in the rest of the EU, possibly pretty good in the east, it might be financially do-able. If it was a big operation, and the tax laws didn't catch it.

I just about believed it until 'straight through your letterbox' :^)

Not actually that funny though, for a parody :^S
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:55
Regular
How completely bizarre! Surely they'd use up as much fuel delivering it as there actually is in the thing they're sending. Also, leaded petrol on sale... eek.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:45
Regular
If you're fed up of spending out so much on fuel [URL]http://www.petroldirect.com/[/URL]
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:44
Regular
"\\"
Displayed wrote:
> why all the ques?
>
> its because we the British LOVE to Que, no matter how much you moan,
> they see a que, they join it. !

queue*
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:38
Regular
I wasn't going to reply to your comment, but I saw the queue behind Timmargh and Meka Dragon, so I decided to join.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:22
Regular
why all the ques?

its because we the British LOVE to Que, no matter how much you moan, they see a que, they join it. !
Wed 14/09/05 at 15:06
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I'm just glad I'm house-bound at the moment while the rest of the country turns into something like Mad Max 2.
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:54
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I agree about the gimpiness of people panicing. I usually fill up on a Wednesday anyway so had no choice but to queue for the blinking stuff otherwise I'd have not made it home.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.