GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Okay, now the initial orgasm has worn off..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Mon 11/10/04 at 08:35
Regular
Is Fable really worth getting taking into consideration the next few months?

I have the DS on pre-order, Halo 2 and Prince of Persia 2 on pre-order, my US PS'TWO' arriving this week with KillZone, GTA San Andreas and Xenosaga 2 on pre-order as well as Metal Gear 3 and Gran Turismo 4.

I don't want any 'ums' or 'ahhs', I just want a straight forward, honest, quick and dirty paragraph to sum up the game, both pros and cons and whether or not you actually think it is worth getting.

Cheers!
Mon 11/10/04 at 08:35
Regular
Is Fable really worth getting taking into consideration the next few months?

I have the DS on pre-order, Halo 2 and Prince of Persia 2 on pre-order, my US PS'TWO' arriving this week with KillZone, GTA San Andreas and Xenosaga 2 on pre-order as well as Metal Gear 3 and Gran Turismo 4.

I don't want any 'ums' or 'ahhs', I just want a straight forward, honest, quick and dirty paragraph to sum up the game, both pros and cons and whether or not you actually think it is worth getting.

Cheers!
Mon 11/10/04 at 09:34
Regular
"Bah"
in a word yes. great game started off easy and progressed well, im 7 hours in and its been real fun but i only really got it as a halo 2 gap filler so what do i know!
Mon 11/10/04 at 09:41
"I love yo... lamp."
It is on my list of games to get, but not immediately. It isn't a long game, 10-12 hours at most seemingly. Do you like RPGs much? Black & White style? Because that is to a degree, what Fable is like. It has received a lot of good review, because it is really good. Knowing your penchant for spending vast amounts of money, I'd say get it, beat it over the weekend and then trade in/return it soon after. This isn't a Morrowind type game where you need to spend 4 straight months playing it just to get to the good bits.
Mon 11/10/04 at 10:07
Regular
Big fan of RPG's, just get the feeling this is more of a gimmic thatn anything else.
Mon 11/10/04 at 10:25
Regular
I'd say yes, it's worth it - but after my initial play on Friday, I haven't gone back to it and don't feel compelled to.

Just buy it from GAME and return it within the 7 (or however many) days.
Mon 11/10/04 at 10:30
Regular
I really like it. Been playing for like 10-12 hours and i havent even got around to doing most of the stuff. When slawter came over my house last night we got my character absolutely rat arsed. Muchos fun. :D
Mon 11/10/04 at 10:34
Regular
Let's put it this way.

I had plans to go out this weekend, but instead I've clocked up 24 hours play on Fable. That's the longest time I've spent on a game in a very long time, even Wind Waker didn't have me hooked for that long in such a short space of time.

I guess it all comes down to what sort of gamer you are, me I could just spend hours and hours messing around with the communities and levelling up my character with not a single thought going to the missions or the storyline.

If you're looking for a quick fix though it also caters for that, Hedfix has shown that the game can be completed in 11 hours, probably quicker.

Anyway, I love it. Definetly the best single player game on Xbox so far and I've still got a long way to go. Not to mention I'll be playing it through numerous times to try out different methods and tactics and stuff.

Just don't go expecting a straight forward RPG.
Mon 11/10/04 at 11:10
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
I agree. i didn't go to church yesterday thanks to this game!!
Mon 11/10/04 at 11:25
Regular
I can't rent or buy PAL games so I either buy to keep or don't buy it.

Cheers for the opinions. Will probably go ahead and get it before Xenosaga 2 is released.
Mon 11/10/04 at 11:27
Regular
It's region-free.

A UK copy should work in your US machine - it works the other way round anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.