GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Okay, now the initial orgasm has worn off..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Fable'.
Mon 11/10/04 at 08:35
Regular
Is Fable really worth getting taking into consideration the next few months?

I have the DS on pre-order, Halo 2 and Prince of Persia 2 on pre-order, my US PS'TWO' arriving this week with KillZone, GTA San Andreas and Xenosaga 2 on pre-order as well as Metal Gear 3 and Gran Turismo 4.

I don't want any 'ums' or 'ahhs', I just want a straight forward, honest, quick and dirty paragraph to sum up the game, both pros and cons and whether or not you actually think it is worth getting.

Cheers!
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:40
Regular
"8==="
Yeah, I had to go and have tea. Still got the sharpshooter dedicated server setup though. :)

Currently on CSkies
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:38
I played Black Arrow instead, though I did start it up to see if it would work.

Yup, definitely Fable now.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:38
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Hedfix wrote:
> Hoops wrote:
> Fable sounds like Harvest Moon.
>
> Ahahaha!
>
> Yes there's LOADS of farming to do. ;)

Yeah, as long at it doesn't take a whole day to water the flowers. ;D
Tue 12/10/04 at 16:19
OK, gonna play it now.
Tue 12/10/04 at 16:02
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
completed it but im still on my first game, having fun with my new sword. probably gonna start a new game tomorrow, this time being a good guy and mostly using magic. I think ive seen a bit of the good ending on one of the trailer vids but i still want to see all 4 endings.
Tue 12/10/04 at 15:54
I just bought the game, guess that's my night wasted away.
Tue 12/10/04 at 14:33
Regular
"8==="
VenomByte wrote:
> I'll be interested to see how your impressions change once you've all
> finished the game in a few weeks time.

Already most of the way through my 2nd run. My only trouble is that I know the ending's coming up already and I've yet to max out any of my spells.

Might just go into the woods for some target practice. :D
Tue 12/10/04 at 10:47
Regular
I'll still think it's excellent. I've clocked up about 28 hours so far and I'm still yet to get bored.

In a couple of weeks time I'll probably be on my third time through and loving every minute of it.

It's actually the first game for a long time that I'm actually looking forward to playing through again, most games I think about it but very rarely do it.
Tue 12/10/04 at 10:10
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'll be interested to see how your impressions change once you've all finished the game in a few weeks time.
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:21
Regular
"8==="
Finished it then Sav?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.