GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DOD release date"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/09/05 at 23:45
Regular
"Captain to you."
DOD source that is

26 of sept baby WOOOOOOO
Wed 28/09/05 at 03:28
Regular
"Captain to you."
I don't use anything but sniper pistol rocks for close range nrormally faster fire than any machine gun and sniper 1 hit kills most of the time for range. Also it's filthly easy to get anyone while they sprint with teh sniper i have found, just like old dod :)

hmm if you haven't noticed the HDR then your current card may not support all it's functions, it's not something you can miss if it's on and working.

EDIT: has your FPS dropped from what you used to get in css? mines really low, 20-40 normal and 10-20 in fights which is plain stupid. alot of people are complaining about this on the the steam forums, i jus hope they manage to fix it because it's a real shame.

Oh people wanting to get this and havn't got it free, it's only $10 if you upgrade your hl2 package rather than $20.
Wed 28/09/05 at 02:33
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Chippxero wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> Haven’t really been able to see the HDR effects that well,
>
> it's on every light and when you run in and out of dark areas you get
> an effect where your characters eyes are adjusting to the light.
>
> chipp run in the building, chipp run out the building, chipp run in
> the building, chipp run out the building....oh the fun

Still can't really see it, settings must be right down for my PC. Oh well, new graphics card this Thursday so I should get a taste of what it looks like then.

Also, /dance I scored my first spade kill last night when on Avalanche. I love newbies, all camping on top of the church forgetting to watch their back.
Tue 27/09/05 at 23:11
Regular
"Captain to you."
Yeah :(
Tue 27/09/05 at 23:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
You can flash-blind other people? Woah!
Tue 27/09/05 at 23:06
Regular
"Captain to you."
Got this working at last yays, the HDR although beautiful can handycap you a bit as the adjustment can take a while if your between light and dark.

One guy flash lighted me in a dark area(i get a blinding white over part of my screen) and then spaded me fase :(

------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone with a bt voyager modem router follow this

Open up a command prompt (Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> Command prompt, in windows).
Type:
telnet 198.168.1.1

(192.168.1.1 default)

Login with the same details as for the web interface advanced section. E.G:
login: admin
password: admin

at the prompt type the following, pressing enter after each command:

modify nbsize maxipsess 512

modify nat global udptimeout 10

commit

reboot

Close the command prompt window
Wait for the router to reboot
Tue 27/09/05 at 22:58
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
:O

this game is awesome. I just played for like an hour.
I'd write more but I really need to go to bed now.
Tue 27/09/05 at 15:33
Regular
"Captain to you."
cipro wrote:
> Haven’t really been able to see the HDR effects that well,

it's on every light and when you run in and out of dark areas you get an effect where your characters eyes are adjusting to the light.

chipp run in the building, chipp run out the building, chipp run in the building, chipp run out the building....oh the fun
Tue 27/09/05 at 14:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I’ve had no problems getting onto a sever, played it for a while last night, excellent. It’s exactly like the original version, only with a much fancier graphics engine powering it, in fact there’s been a much more impressive transition from the HL1 engine to source, far more impressive than CS.

Haven’t really been able to see the HDR effects that well, but my graphics card is probably too old and crappy to run it, though I’m getting a replacement this week so I’ll see then whether the extra month or so in development where worth it.

Disappointingly, there’s only 4 maps, they haven’t included the British models or the CS style round based game mode, also a couple of weapons missing. But it’s no big deal, I suspect plenty of updates will soon fix this.

As for what’s been added, love the new grenade launcher for the rifles, and the inclusion of iron sight makes aiming far more easier, and they’ve even given the rocket launcher class a decent rifle to make them much more useful in combat. All in all, everything I wanted it to be, WoW may even have to take a back seat while I get back into this.
Tue 27/09/05 at 14:12
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
its pretty pants. BF2 is far more enjoyable.
Tue 27/09/05 at 05:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
:(

Theres a problem with the server refresh that causes my internet to dissconnect, a few people are having the problem waiting for a valve guy to suggest something good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.