GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DOD release date"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/09/05 at 23:45
Regular
"Captain to you."
DOD source that is

26 of sept baby WOOOOOOO
Wed 28/09/05 at 23:08
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
I <3 this game.

But they changed the sound of the thompson :(
Wed 28/09/05 at 21:54
"Genius!"
i dont!
Wed 28/09/05 at 21:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
i like steam
Wed 28/09/05 at 19:46
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Whoever said Steam was good hasn't had it tell them that you can't play 3/4 games that you played and paid for only the week before, for no reason at all.
Wed 28/09/05 at 17:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Chippxero wrote:
> hmm if you haven't noticed the HDR then your current card may not
> support all it's functions, it's not something you can miss if it's
> on and working.

I found out that it was turned off in the options, so I put it to full and... oh my, that it is impressive. I especially like how the light gets darker when run through shaded areas. Perhaps a bit too powerful for my card though, I got onto Anzio and my frame rate plummeted, it's certainly a good map to show the effects off, but it ended up crashing my computer.

I'll see if my new card has better luck with it tomorrow.
Wed 28/09/05 at 14:08
Regular
"A man with a stick"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> Well, i just think it wouldnt last a very long time, its just an
> addition to cs:s. (without the single player or anything)

DOD is a different game from CS, with a completely different team behind it, a team which show real dedication to their work. I amazed at this source upgrade, the amount of detail that has gone into each level is staggering, especially if, like me you've played the original HL1 version. It’s a much more impressive transition to source that CS was.

As for content, yes 4 maps is a pitiful amount, but previous versions of the game had several other maps, British skins and weapons and an entirely new CS style round based game mode, so it's doubtful Valve are going to leave it in the state it's in.
Wed 28/09/05 at 12:12
"Genius!"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> nickdagamemaster wrote:
> Still considering getting it but not sure, seems a bit mad to pay
> for
> a mod to a game
>
> I dunno why people class it as a mod. It's a total conversion written
> by professionals if anything.

Well, i just think it wouldnt last a very long time, its just an addition to cs:s. (without the single player or anything)
Wed 28/09/05 at 09:29
Regular
oasismark wrote:
> a great system i think

Yeah, except it's apparently knackered averything else up in preparation for DOD.
Wed 28/09/05 at 09:24
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
nickdagamemaster wrote:
> Still considering getting it but not sure, seems a bit mad to pay for
> a mod to a game

I dunno why people class it as a mod. It's a total conversion written by professionals if anything.
Wed 28/09/05 at 09:18
"Genius!"
Still considering getting it but not sure, seems a bit mad to pay for a mod to a game, and ive heard it only has 4 maps so far?

How much is $10 in £ ?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.