GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 18:24
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Hey guys and dolls, not posted on here in a while but got a quick question. I have recently bought a laptop which I should get on Wednesday. Now I have got a wireless internet connection thingy and got a router to hook it to this comp. I also wanted to get cable t.v. in my room as my parents already have the old analogue system downstairs. They don't do this anymore however. Only digital and digital doesn't work well in my area as I'm next to a bloody hill and obviously it costs more. Just wondering if there's anyway I can get T.V. on my laptop. I'm sure my mate has done it before. Any ideas? Ta:D
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:50
Regular
"bot"
funnily enough, it goes into a PCMCIA slot at the side of the laptop...
Most laptops have 2+ of them.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:44
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Woo! It is possible then
one question though...where is it plugging into the laptop?
Is it going in the floppy disc drive or what? I mean as
far as I can see it just looks like it's sliding into a big cut in the side of the laptop:S
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:41
Regular
"bot"
yes! They exist! Go me. [URL]http://www.bixnet.com/pctvturavica.html[/URL] for proof. Look for something similar in the UK using Kelkoo or something.

edit: aha, yep, that's exactly it.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:40
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
http://www.vadim.co.uk/Components/TV+Cards /AverTV+Cardbus+Analogue+PCMCIA+TV+Card

better?:S
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:38
Regular
"bot"
That's a PCI card, ie. for desktops. Look for USB/PCMCIA.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:36
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
http://specialreserve.co.uk/Jetway-DVB-T-Digita_5042_r.html is this the kinda thing I need? If so that looks complicated and near impossible to put in a laptop:S
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:35
Regular
"bot"
Hedfix wrote:
> There must be laptop tv cards out there by now.

I *think* there are, yeah, so I'm going to guess what he's looking for are PCMCIA TV cards. If those don't exist (I'm sort of sure they do), you may be able to get an external USB TV-card thingy.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:32
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
TV cards eh...I'm intrigued.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:29
Regular
"8==="
There must be laptop tv cards out there by now.

There have been tv cards for desktop PCs for about 10 years now.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
You need some kind of....thing. Plus a TV license, I imagine.

Well done on getting onto Big Brother, though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.