GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptop Question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 18:24
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Hey guys and dolls, not posted on here in a while but got a quick question. I have recently bought a laptop which I should get on Wednesday. Now I have got a wireless internet connection thingy and got a router to hook it to this comp. I also wanted to get cable t.v. in my room as my parents already have the old analogue system downstairs. They don't do this anymore however. Only digital and digital doesn't work well in my area as I'm next to a bloody hill and obviously it costs more. Just wondering if there's anyway I can get T.V. on my laptop. I'm sure my mate has done it before. Any ideas? Ta:D
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:21
Regular
I actually meant he could watch them on his PC via the Iternet, but I messed up the post.

My bad.
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:19
Regular
"bot"
yeah, because what he wanted was extra channels on his TV via the internet.
That's what I thought when he asked "how can I watch TV on my laptop?"
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:16
Regular
Yeah, but it's the option for those that aren't PC literate or want to make sure they're getting something that'll work.
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:14
Regular
"bot"
The quality would be balls though.
Sat 10/09/05 at 23:07
Regular
You can also buy tv programmes, discs, that let you watch a huge range of channels on your PC via the Internet.

There are always loads running on eBay and they appear under pretty much any search involving 'DVD' or 'Tv'.
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:08
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Ta muchly Memo! I shall wait till I get it to make 100.00% sure and then buy it.
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:04
Regular
"bot"
"On the right side, there's a FireWire port on the edge. Then a card-reader, under the card reader is the PCMCIA card slot. Then there are 2 horizontal USB 2.0 ports. Next to this is the S-Video Out. Then there is LAN and Modem port." [URL]http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2426[/URL] so yer.
Sat 10/09/05 at 19:02
Regular
"bot"
It doesn't actually say, but PCMCIA has been pretty much standard for years, so I would be VERY surprised if it had no PCMCIA slots. I'm 99.9999% sure that it'll have at least 2.
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:58
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
[URL] http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/572_263974.html [/URL] This my laptop. Think that'd support it? please say yes, please say yes, please say yes...etc ....etc.....
Sat 10/09/05 at 18:53
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Oh... emmm damn my Dad where'd he put the stats for mine

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.