GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Family Guy Film"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 10/09/05 at 00:47
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
Post removed.
Sun 11/09/05 at 14:42
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I'm sorry, but The Simpsons' humour is pretty old hat now. Family Guy is without a doubt the funniest, wittiest and most clever cartoon show on t.v right now. The movie totally kicked ass, too.

The Elmer Fudd and Bugs Bunny scene - jeez, I nearly died with laughter at that point.
Sun 11/09/05 at 14:36
Regular
"She's a dog!"
er-no wrote:
> The fourth series has already had some of the best Family Guy moments.
> The Neverending Story moment is probably my favorite of all.

"YEAH"

'You're too heavy'

"YEAH"

'We're going down'

"YEAH"

*Crashes*

"Yeah"

I still really like season 4 but I think episode for episode, the first two seasons are the best.
Sun 11/09/05 at 13:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Very few films of cartoon series are anywhere as near as good the TV series. The exception has to be South Park which is a cracking film.

Hopefully if a Simpsons film is made it will be well thought out and won't dissapoint.
Sat 10/09/05 at 16:04
Regular
"everyone says it"
The fourth series has already had some of the best Family Guy moments. The Neverending Story moment is probably my favorite of all.

The film, I've just seen it and it's fantastic fun. It's met to be taken in a different light to the series and allows for the writers to be more aggressive with their language. I fully support that and loved the film.

Can't wait for more of series four when the break is over.
Sat 10/09/05 at 14:04
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Family Guy is the greatest cartoon! Fact

The film is not as funny as some episodes! Fact

The 4th season is running on empty, I hope the whole lack of making new episodes is due to thinking more about the scripts than waiting on animation.

Oh...the film is still great...I probably prefer the South Park Movie though.
Sat 10/09/05 at 14:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> I don't think it did.
>
> It had humour. It just had a different approach to make it funny for
> the chosen medium.

Fair do's. I personally didn't think it worked in the slightest. Each to their own.
Sat 10/09/05 at 13:56
Regular
"8==="
I don't think it did.

It had humour. It just had a different approach to make it funny for the chosen medium.
Sat 10/09/05 at 13:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> Well it was different because the medium was different.

Perhaps I should have said "trying to animate the strip sucked all the humor out of the original single frame cartoons"

Better?

*shrug*
Sat 10/09/05 at 13:50
Regular
"8==="
Well it was different because the medium was different.
Sat 10/09/05 at 13:48
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hedfix wrote:
> "Fast animals, small children" seems to be exactly like the
> humour of the Far side animations that came out a while ago.
>
> Excellent stuff.

Ohhhh, while I'm a fan of Larson and have loads of his books, I just didn't find the animations captured the humor correctly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.