GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is this believable?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 09:20
Regular
"not dead"
I just called work, told them I wasn't in today.

My reason:

My car wouldn't start from work yesterday, so I called the AA out - they helped me to get it home, but I need a new alternator.

So this morning I was planning on coming in using my wife's Landrover. Now this is a classic, like 40 years old. As I'm drivig, I find the brakes are intermittently failing. The only way I can stop is to use the handbrake, or pump the brake pedal. So I turn around, go home, and find it's leaking brake fluid.

So I'm stuck at home, and can't get to work.

Really though, I think it sounds completely unfeasible, but it's the absolute truth. I wonder if my manager will believe it? Actually, I doubt he cares, he's not spoken to me in weeks!
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:46
Regular
Ha Ha Ha.

Classic Landrover.

Anyone would think you tended sheep in your nice Welsh way.

Seriously though, women are devious. If your wife was going to knock you off you'd really give her more credit than failing breaks on a car. I'm assuming you do sleep beside this woman, plenty of opportunity to do something undetectabe there, gas leak for instance, good old carbon monoxide would look like a good accident :-).
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:44
Regular
If it was my Boss, he'd tell me to get my ass in a taxi.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:43
Regular
"not dead"
I'm more worried about the corner/ditch combo - I'm used to power steering... ;o)
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
Meka Dragon wrote:
> So this morning I was planning on coming in using my wife's
> Landrover.

It's a landrover, just bounce off other cars, thats what they are built for.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:24
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mrs Meka: "Your car's broken isn't it dear? No problem, you can borrow mine for the day..."

Meka: "Is that oil on you top?"
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:24
Regular
"not dead"
Well my wife did suspiciously go out last night...

Really though, she did say that it felt a bit funny, but onyl once, and thought her foot slipped, or something.

Yeah, right...

If I stop posting any time soon you'll know why.

Hmmm, this almond tea is lovely!
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:22
Regular
"8==="
Get details and bill receipts etc - they can't really fault those.

Personally I'd be more worried that someone is obviously trying to kill you.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:20
Regular
"not dead"
I just called work, told them I wasn't in today.

My reason:

My car wouldn't start from work yesterday, so I called the AA out - they helped me to get it home, but I need a new alternator.

So this morning I was planning on coming in using my wife's Landrover. Now this is a classic, like 40 years old. As I'm drivig, I find the brakes are intermittently failing. The only way I can stop is to use the handbrake, or pump the brake pedal. So I turn around, go home, and find it's leaking brake fluid.

So I'm stuck at home, and can't get to work.

Really though, I think it sounds completely unfeasible, but it's the absolute truth. I wonder if my manager will believe it? Actually, I doubt he cares, he's not spoken to me in weeks!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.