GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Live - Wanadoo any good?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 08:52
Regular
Anyone on here with Wanadoo Broadband? They've got a reasonable deal on at the moment, but I want to know if it'll work with Xbox Live?

Also, the price I'm looking at has a limit of 2GB a month which I know is quite low, but I won't be using Xbox Live a huge amount - perhaps an hour a day, probably not even that to be honest. Will this limit be enough?

Cheers.
Fri 09/09/05 at 13:15
Regular
OddToe wrote:
> That doesn't mean anything.

True I guess.

> How much are you planning to spend on BB per month?

The Wanadoo offer was 17.99 with free off peak phone calls as well. I deally I'm looking at under 20.00 a month.
Fri 09/09/05 at 09:17
Regular
Go for UKOnline - cheap and uncapped = teh win
Fri 09/09/05 at 09:04
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> Wanadoo are on Xbox.com as a recommended BB supplier, so I assume
> that means their speeds are acceptable.

That doesn't mean anything.

How much are you planning to spend on BB per month?
Fri 09/09/05 at 08:35
Regular
I doubt I'll be playing as much as an hour per day to be honest. But I have no idea how much data Xbox live uses.

Wanadoo are on Xbox.com as a recommended BB supplier, so I assume that means their speeds are acceptable.
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:17
Regular
"8==="
"Wanadoo - couldn't escape if I wanted to! A wo wo wo wo!"
Thu 08/09/05 at 18:09
Regular
"Da num.01 rapper"
Wanadoo are too restrict you can only download the minimum and if playing live an hour a day only or they will auto change your account into the heavy 30gb - £28.99 per month, Don't register with wanadoo I only have 3 months left to cancel my account.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:58
Regular
Xbox Live needs a decent upload speed to be decent.

128Kbps upload is really the minimum you should be hoping for.
Thu 08/09/05 at 08:52
Regular
Anyone on here with Wanadoo Broadband? They've got a reasonable deal on at the moment, but I want to know if it'll work with Xbox Live?

Also, the price I'm looking at has a limit of 2GB a month which I know is quite low, but I won't be using Xbox Live a huge amount - perhaps an hour a day, probably not even that to be honest. Will this limit be enough?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.