GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox Live - Wanadoo any good?"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 08:52
Regular
Anyone on here with Wanadoo Broadband? They've got a reasonable deal on at the moment, but I want to know if it'll work with Xbox Live?

Also, the price I'm looking at has a limit of 2GB a month which I know is quite low, but I won't be using Xbox Live a huge amount - perhaps an hour a day, probably not even that to be honest. Will this limit be enough?

Cheers.
Wed 14/09/05 at 16:10
Regular
Ok, thanks for the info, I'll have to look into it.
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:44
Regular
"Shamon!"
Your Honour wrote:
> So it's a 60 quid set up fee, plus buying your own equipment. Hmmmm.
> Still 1MB for £14 a month doesn't sound too bad.
>
> The problem with all these transfer limits is that I have no real
> idea how much Xbox Live actually uses...

Well, like I said, I'm on mine for about 5 hours a week, plus using it for normal interneta ctivity, some working from home, and the other-half to do her on-line studying. All in all I reckon we are connected to the internet for an average of 3 to 4 hours a day, and mine still hasn't gone over the £14 mark each month.
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:36
Regular
So it's a 60 quid set up fee, plus buying your own equipment. Hmmmm. Still 1MB for £14 a month doesn't sound too bad.

The problem with all these transfer limits is that I have no real idea how much Xbox Live actually uses...
Wed 14/09/05 at 14:05
Regular
"Shamon!"
Your Honour wrote:
> Metronet? I haven't heard of those but thanks for the tip - I'll look
> into them.
>
> Cheers.

Metronet are "Pay As You Go" Broadband. www.metronet.co.uk

I've got the 1Mb service, and I'm paying just under £14 a month. I can download a certain amount each month for £14, and then I pay for whatever I use on top of that, but as I said, I've never gone over £14.

The only downside to it is, they do NO setup. You have to soursce your own modem/router, and be on a BT line, plus fork out £60 to BT to release the phone line. But you're only tied-in for 3 months if you want to quit afterwards, and at least you own the equipment!
Wed 14/09/05 at 13:55
Regular
Metronet? I haven't heard of those but thanks for the tip - I'll look into them.

Cheers.
Wed 14/09/05 at 13:24
Regular
"Shamon!"
I use Metronet, and am online with my Xbox for about an hour a day. The speeds fine, and my internet bill has not been over £14 per month yet.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:51
Regular
I use it.

Works a dream.

*Looks*
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Is it a recommended ISP?

As, if it isn't, I wouldn't use it.

Look at me, Oddtoe :(
Fri 09/09/05 at 15:36
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> OddToe wrote:
> That doesn't mean anything.
>
> True I guess.
>
> How much are you planning to spend on BB per month?
>
> The Wanadoo offer was 17.99 with free off peak phone calls as well. I
> deally I'm looking at under 20.00 a month.

[URL]http://www.demon.net/echannel/webProduct-Details.do?strProductId=UFJEMDAwMDAwMDAwMDYx&strGroup=Consumer%20Broadband&strCategory=Internet%20Access&strGroupId=Q0FUMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAz&strPromotionId=&strPreviewFlag=no&strCategoryId=Q0FUMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAx[/URL]

Demon Home Broadband £19.99 a month, 2mbp/s Downstream and 250kb/s upstream.

Good service too, that includes free modem and free setup.
Fri 09/09/05 at 13:18
Regular
Plus.net are cheaper than UKOnline.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.