GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Norway - Scotland"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 18:12
Kenny Miller already looks as if he won't last the match, he's just not fit enough to do this constant running.
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:44
Regular
I agree.

The way my dad was telling me last night he was asking me "What do you think tehy do next"
"Away goals?"
"Nope"
"And if they're level on this this this this this and this, what do you think they do?"
"Playoff?"
"Coin toss"

Apparantly Scotland have went out of a major competition before as teh result of a coin toss.
And apparantly for qualification last time, away goals counted as double (Which would be good, as that would have been equivelant to 4 goals against Norway), but not anymore.
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:32
Regular
I wouldn't go to a coin toss with Scotland and Norway because we have bettered them by the rules of the game. We beat them 2-1 away, they beat us 1-0 away so if it got that far we would have the edge.
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:29
Regular
"Baros!!!"
You serious on it going on a coin toss?

That's a joke really. They should change it so that the teams have to play each other at neautral ground with extra-time and penalties being played if scores are level after 90 minutes.
Thu 08/09/05 at 13:25
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> 1-0 Norway.
>
> So if that was the case, we'd take it on away goals, yes? Yes?
>
> Meh, it's goal difference anyway, and I think Norway's is going to
> end up being superior, because even when we do win, its very rarely
> by more than a goal.

Nah, i was talking to my dad last night about how it works. Away goals have nothing to do with anything.

It goes by points.
Then, if teams are tied, it goes by goals scored (Not difference, so they could have scored 20 goals and let 19 in, but if they've scored more, they go through)
If they've scored equal goals, it goes by goal DIFFERENCE (Should be before goals scored I say).
I fthey're tied there, then they look at the results against the top team (Italy), (they lost and drew one, too).
If theose results are the same, then they look at the goals scored against the top team (I don't know the Norway scores).
If they're equal on that, it's a coin toss.

"Call it"
"Heads"
"No world cup for you!"
Thu 08/09/05 at 12:51
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Fletcher played well against Norway which im pleased about, he's still developing as a player and can make mistakes now and again but he's the type of player who works hard for the side, not a superstar but does the donkey work and he can run all day.
Thu 08/09/05 at 12:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Apparently it isn't goal difference but on when the countries met, which means we'd win.

So if Norway draw and we win two thwn we get it.
Woohoo, only to be beaten in a play off, agan.
Thu 08/09/05 at 10:06
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
1-0 Norway.

So if that was the case, we'd take it on away goals, yes? Yes?

Meh, it's goal difference anyway, and I think Norway's is going to end up being superior, because even when we do win, its very rarely by more than a goal.
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:58
Regular
"not dead"
If two teams are level at the end of the qualifying campaign is the final position determined by goal difference, or the results between the two teams? If so, what was the score when Norway played in Scotland?
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:53
Regular
munn wrote:
> No, but on the corner just before McCann came on (I remember hearing
> the guy say Miller refused to go off until after the corner), someone
> was pulled down (Hartley or Elvis, can't remember which), and the
> commentators (yeah, they're commentators, but I was lsitening to the
> radio) were convicned Scotland should have won a penalty (which
> Miller should ahve taken if we did).

Nah, the ball fell to Miller who was clear on his own.

The ball fell to him, he hit a decent volley and it was blocked. Giving a penalty would have been a bit harsh considering they'd already chopped a decent looking goal off for Norway :-).
Thu 08/09/05 at 09:49
Regular
"not dead"
I watched the last few minutes of the match, and when Norway scored I switched over, fearing I'd jinxed them.

Still need a bit of luck, but even if they get two wins, and don't make the play-off position it's one hell of an effort, and should give confidence for the next qualifying campaign.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.