GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Know anything about Shakespeare?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 07/09/05 at 13:44
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I don't like having to ask as much as you won't like to have to read, but...

After spending countless months saying that I'm not going to university and that I'm going to enjoy a gap-year, I've got an a uni audition through clearing.

Situation: It's this Friday, and I have NOTHING prepared.

Aswell as having a regular monolgue memorised I'd probably profit from having a bit of Shakespeare, too. So... Does anyone know any Shakespeare monologues (preferably comedy rather than tragedy) for a young man (me) to play, and where can I find it (I don't own any Shakespeare)?

Cheers.
Wed 07/09/05 at 20:21
He wrote plays and stuff.
Wed 07/09/05 at 20:19
ahahahahah you know nothing about Shakespeare at all but you want to use some to try and get into a uni?

Good luck to you mate...
Wed 07/09/05 at 17:34
Regular
"bot"
what uni are you aiming for?
Wed 07/09/05 at 17:31
Regular
"0228"
Just do the Henry V piece (Once more into the breach dear friends, once more, etc.). Not comedy, but it's a good one.
Wed 07/09/05 at 15:21
Regular
I know a little abotu Shakespear.

He was English, was born a long time ago, died a long time ago, but not as long ago as he was born.

He wrote plays, but stopped when Blackadder told him he was rubbish and forgot to take his biro, thus he was credited with the invention of the ballpoint pen.
However, Blackadder fixed this and he continued to write plays, becoming famous for it.

That's pretty much all I know.
Wed 07/09/05 at 15:14
Regular
I'm sure Bottom must have a good monologue and you'd definetly fit the part...hur hur
Wed 07/09/05 at 15:05
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Othello's monologue on why he and Desdemona are together to the Venetian senate is quite good.
Wed 07/09/05 at 14:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
If music be the food of love, play on. Give me excess of it... etc. Not funny, but just about the only Shakespeare monologue I can remember.
Wed 07/09/05 at 14:08
Regular
"Better Than You"
[URL]http://shakespeare.clearview.ab.ca/comedy[/URL]
Wed 07/09/05 at 13:56
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Cheers, I'm checking out Panda's link now, and giving a good look at "Much Ado About Nothing".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.