GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV Tuners?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/05 at 10:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just wondering if anyone has one of these in their PC, as I am currently looking at getting one, as I really dont want to lug a TV to Uni. Understandably the quality wont be as good in most of the cheaper ones, but if someone could recommend one to me, it'd be of great help. I'm just looking for the basic thing really, maybe text as well, nothing too fancy (or expensive). Thanks in advance...
Wed 28/09/05 at 16:10
Regular
"the burning sky"
Ignore all those posts it works perfectly now, all channels and everything. Just needed the main house aerial plugged in. Didnt need extra drivers or anything. Obviously mine in the loft is blocked by timbers and a few inches of tiles and so I can only get a few channels :( Just hope a portable aerial and booster will work ok in York.
Wed 28/09/05 at 12:11
Regular
"the burning sky"
Searching the showshifter boards, someone suggested modified drivers, but their link isnt available...

I think i'll update the drivers first tho'
Wed 28/09/05 at 11:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
OK, so I still cant get 3, 4 or 5 :S Is there any other software that'll do a better job of tuning?
Wed 28/09/05 at 11:45
Regular
"the burning sky"
[URL]http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/freeviewstream.html[/URL] if you are interested. Now to go tune them in. As long as I can get the main 5, any other channels are a bonus :D
Wed 28/09/05 at 11:36
Regular
"the burning sky"
Right it came today. Tuned in a fair amount of freeview channels in using my main TV aerial. Although for some reason it hasnt autotuned ITV, Channel4, five or E4. Although E4+1 is there. :S Any idea on where I can get the information about these channels so I can manually tune them in? It looks like I need the Frequency, Video PID and Audio PID :S
Mon 26/09/05 at 15:54
Regular
"the burning sky"
tigamilla wrote:
> Please please please please:
>
> [URL]http://www.nebula-electronics.com[/URL]
>
> Its well worth the price... check out the reviews on the home
> page...
> I have one and quite frankly its astounding.
>
> EDIT: Look look they've even got a student section!!!

Yes but it's 117 quid! Nearly 3 times what I'll be paying for mine. Even with the 10% off its far too expensive :( (plus I dont have an NUS card)
Mon 26/09/05 at 14:18
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Please please please please:

[URL]http://www.nebula-electronics.com[/URL]

Its well worth the price... check out the reviews on the home page...
I have one and quite frankly its astounding.

EDIT: Look look they've even got a student section!!!
Mon 26/09/05 at 13:17
Regular
"the burning sky"
Balls, the shop I ordred from ran out of stock of the Hauppauge one I wanted, and dont intend to get anymore in. They said I could choose another and they'd ship it out, but didnt say whether I'd have to pay the difference in price. There's a rather nice Freeview one on their site, but I can find it much cheaper elsewhere you see.

[URL]http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=1500[/URL]

Seen a couple good reviews of it. I'll just have to wait for them to get back to me...

Edit: Sweet they have a pricematching facility so I can get it from them for the price I saw at the other shop. Just saves me cancelling orders and whatnot...
Sat 24/09/05 at 14:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I got a new PC a few months back and one of the things that swayed me into buying the one I finally got was the fact that it had a TV tuner so I could get rid of the rubbish old portable out of the bedroom and have a nice 17" TFT to watch instead.

Thing is it's got a limited number of channels on it, no BBC channels for a start. OK it has got some Sky channels but they're all the rubbish ones like Home and Living so I'm very disappointed with it.

My advice is to make sure that it will actually give you the channels you want.
Fri 23/09/05 at 12:04
Regular
"NULL"
tigamilla wrote:
> *Cringe "Ziggys" ...

Ziggy's is great!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.