GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football boots?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
For those of you that play football.

Think it's about time to get a new pair of footy boots. Have been looking around and have my eye on a few different pairs.
Wanted to know what those of you who play are wearing at the moment and why. How comfy they are, what they cost etc

Thank ye
Tue 06/09/05 at 09:42
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Currently have a pair of predators and have had a few pairs before. Would buy another pair probably but then I saw the F50+ and F30+ boots which also look quite good.

Seem to have some new stud system though tht clip in, not sure how reliable they are compared to the screw in studs and the place I was going to buy them from don't have the moulded stud version.
Tue 06/09/05 at 09:48
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
You can't go wrong with Puma Kings or Addidas World Cup/Copa Mundials!

Expensive but worth it!
Tue 06/09/05 at 09:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Don't get anything by Nike unless you want to have your heels completely eliminated within weeks. They might look nice, but I found them to be killer on the feet.

Got a pair of Preddies instead and they still fit me 2 years later.
Tue 06/09/05 at 10:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
A mate of mine said the same thing about the nike boots AJ.
Going to head into town later and see what kind of price a decent pair of predators or F30+'s are likely to cost me and see if they are much more expensive that the internet prices I've seen.
Tue 06/09/05 at 10:40
Regular
"You've upset me"
Ah Predators. I had my best ever season in a pair of preds. 32 goals and > 20 assists in them. We absolutely destroyed every other team in the League and came out of the season with 37 wins and 1 draw (which was a truly ridiculous game that ended 5-5). Good times :-)
Tue 06/09/05 at 11:05
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
I wear these:

[URL]http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5/footwear/product_details.aspx?pid=15455&cid=1668&tid=[/URL]

But i got mine for £24.99 in a sale in town.

They are very comfy, and should last a long long time.
Tue 06/09/05 at 16:27
I've never had a problem on the heels with Nikes, but when wearing my old Preds, I got blisters on the bottom of my toes.

So, I guess, just try each pair before you buy them - each person's feet are different.
Tue 06/09/05 at 16:54
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Went into town this morning and found a pair of F30+'s for £30 which I thought was pretty good so I picked them up.
My predators are still in ok condition so I'll keep them for footy and use these new ones for rugby now.
Tue 06/09/05 at 16:56
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
this may sound weird, but i found that nike and adidas boots benefitted different positions. for example, preds are more suited to defensive or midfield players as they are more robust and better for accurate passing and tackling, whereas boots such as the total 90 or most other nikes are better for strikers as they are lighter and have a larger, smoother surface for striking the ball.
it may be just me but that is what ive always felt.
Tue 06/09/05 at 16:59
Completely disagree. All boots are basically the same, you just need to get the boots that fit you best. Has nothing to do with positions...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.