GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Football boots?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
For those of you that play football.

Think it's about time to get a new pair of footy boots. Have been looking around and have my eye on a few different pairs.
Wanted to know what those of you who play are wearing at the moment and why. How comfy they are, what they cost etc

Thank ye
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:24
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
For those of you that play football.

Think it's about time to get a new pair of footy boots. Have been looking around and have my eye on a few different pairs.
Wanted to know what those of you who play are wearing at the moment and why. How comfy they are, what they cost etc

Thank ye
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:38
I wear Total 90IIIs silver/reds
[URL]http://comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/ni/nike-mens-total-90-3-sg-football-boots.jpg[/URL]
They're very nice.

Got them a year or so ago, don't know how much they cost.

They're extremely comfortable, though it depends on your type of foot, apparently if you have narrow feet than Nike's better, though that might just be for trainers.

Pros
- Made of plastic/leather (no cloth material), so very waterproof and no smell - also, they make a satistying noise because of this.
- Studs are definitely easier to use than those adidas ones - they screw in and screw out as opposed to needing some special key, and still managing to fall out mid match.
- fairly cheap - don't remember the exact price and it was in the January sales, but they were certainly less than £40

Cons
- the insole bit - mine's folded over mid game and because I kept on playing, with the sweat and the heat it's kind of ironed down, and gets fairly itchy. Probably a fairly rare occurence, but y'know
- because they look fairly flash, if you mess up you look like a tool. Kanchelskis tricks tend to make that a fairly regular thing for me, I once stood on the ball just outside our box, the ball was slicker than I expected and I hit the deck. The nearest striker hit it first time into the bottom corner. :(
- not much ankle support, but I doubt many have any at all.

If I can think of any more to add, I'll add it
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:41
Regular
"I like cheese"
I've got those white Reebok boots that Etherington wears.

He's good, so they must be.
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:46
[URL]http://www.soccerpulse.com/forum/index.php?showforum=119[/URL]

Might be useful to you?
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Ah, thanks for the replies and also the site down. Much appreciated.
Mon 05/09/05 at 23:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
My first pair of football boots in three years were/are a pair of Nike Torrolismo's (or something). I would go an check but they're downstairs. Pros: very comfy, nice material, nice colours, fairly cheap (£35). Cons: The laces tie off centre which annoys me and looks a bit gay. But I'll get over it. Nice pair of boots.
Tue 06/09/05 at 00:04
Mine tie off centre as well, but I don't find them annoying at all, really
Tue 06/09/05 at 00:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
down wrote:
> Mine tie off centre as well, but I don't find them annoying at all,
> really

Meh. Makes them look Italian. And therefore poncey/poncy(sp?).
Tue 06/09/05 at 06:51
Regular
"Bicycle"
Poncy.

Meh. I say go Adidas Preditors, I've used different models for five years. Better control than Nikes, look nice too. Comfortable aswell.

I've had Nikes before, and they're all right, but Preds tend to give you a tiny bit more control of the ball. Also, you can get the blades, which don't fall out. And can be used on astro. So go Pred Blades, I tell thee.
Tue 06/09/05 at 06:54
Regular
"Bicycle"
[URL]
http://www.soccerpulse.com/forum/uploads /post-10993-1113259232.jpg [/URL]

Remove space after uploads, bladey bladey blades.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.