GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting my tooth capped..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im getting my tooth capped, the dentist said he will start capping on Wednesday. Seeing as i've never had it done before, I want to know how it works and what the dentist actually does.

The dentist said he's start capping my tooth on Wednesday, so does this mean it'll take more than one appointment?

What will he do?

About 2 years ago I had root canal treatment which was bloody awful, I hated it. I had to have an injection in my gum (it was on my front tooth) and the whole process was just uncomfortable and painful.

Is this as bad as root canal? I know they somehow grind the tooth down, but that doesn't sound very nice, surely you have to have an injection to numb your mouth or something?

Will it be different for me? Because i've had root canal treatment and no longer have feeling in my tooth.

Thanks.
Mon 05/09/05 at 16:59
Regular
I hate the dentist and put off going when one of my fillings fell out. Now I've got to have some horrible root filling done and it's gonna take 3 appointments :(
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:34
Regular
"0228"
I've got to go next week and have the inside of my tooth cleaned. I don't really see how the inside can be cleaned but it doesn't sound fun. My first treatment too, almost 16 years without any isn't too bad I don't think.
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:15
Regular
"Mozzy"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> You must have a chipped tooth or something?

Yep, chipped it years ago. Ever since he's just been filling it, but it's not working because the filling eventually falls out. He said he'd be able to do the injection when im 15 and im 15 now so we made an appointment and he tried to talk us out of it for some reason, I think they want to wait until im 16 so they can charge me for it.

> Basically he'll make a 'mould' of your tooth, grind down your current
> tooth and then fix the cap onto it making it good again....it'll feel
> wierd for a while.

Ah right, so he'll probably take the mould of my tooth on Wednesday and then do the cap the following week. So will I not have to have an injection? I dont mind injections, but when they're in my mouth I hate it.

> I need to have it done at some point, I hate going to the dentist :(

Same here, I recently saw a program being advertised about Dentists that aren't qualified dentists.

Im a bit put off now...
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:15
Regular
"Laughingstock"
I have a recurring dream about going to the dentist which consists of a waitingroom full of semi-naked battleaxes flicking through glossy magazines, and the dentist turns out to be Albert Einstein armed with a Black & Decker cordless drill.
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
AbsoluT Neó wrote:
> I need to have it done at some point, I hate going to the dentist :(

Snap.
Mon 05/09/05 at 15:02
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
You must have a chipped tooth or something?

Basically he'll make a 'mould' of your tooth, grind down your current tooth and then fix the cap onto it making it good again....it'll feel wierd for a while.

I need to have it done at some point, I hate going to the dentist :(
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:58
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
As long as they inject your gum it'll only really be a feeling of discomfort you'll get. Well, that's from my experience with fillings and tooth removal.
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im getting my tooth capped, the dentist said he will start capping on Wednesday. Seeing as i've never had it done before, I want to know how it works and what the dentist actually does.

The dentist said he's start capping my tooth on Wednesday, so does this mean it'll take more than one appointment?

What will he do?

About 2 years ago I had root canal treatment which was bloody awful, I hated it. I had to have an injection in my gum (it was on my front tooth) and the whole process was just uncomfortable and painful.

Is this as bad as root canal? I know they somehow grind the tooth down, but that doesn't sound very nice, surely you have to have an injection to numb your mouth or something?

Will it be different for me? Because i've had root canal treatment and no longer have feeling in my tooth.

Thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.