GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting my tooth capped..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im getting my tooth capped, the dentist said he will start capping on Wednesday. Seeing as i've never had it done before, I want to know how it works and what the dentist actually does.

The dentist said he's start capping my tooth on Wednesday, so does this mean it'll take more than one appointment?

What will he do?

About 2 years ago I had root canal treatment which was bloody awful, I hated it. I had to have an injection in my gum (it was on my front tooth) and the whole process was just uncomfortable and painful.

Is this as bad as root canal? I know they somehow grind the tooth down, but that doesn't sound very nice, surely you have to have an injection to numb your mouth or something?

Will it be different for me? Because i've had root canal treatment and no longer have feeling in my tooth.

Thanks.
Tue 06/09/05 at 16:21
Regular
"Mozzy"
Bloody hell, I got a phone call this afternoon saying that my dentist wont be in tommorow so I have to come next wednesday. This is the second time he's not been in on the day of my capping and it's really starting to annoy me, because now I have to wait another week for him to do the mould and then wait another week for him to do the actual fitting...and I bet that gets delayed.

Maybe it's just me being paranoid but it feels like my dentist is trying to avoid doing my cap.

Im not sure why though. Maybe he isn't a real dentist.

O_O
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Do you know what sucks?
> My teeth are totally perfect apart from one of my front one... bah.

Same here, sucks balls.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:47
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Do you know what sucks?
My teeth are totally perfect apart from one of my front one... bah.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:47
Regular
"the burning sky"
SHEEPY wrote:
> NHS dentistry is a complete shambles.

Especially if you get cappings done on them. They dont even bother to match the tooth color. Tho for an 18 year old £300 per tooth isnt easy.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:46
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
He'll take the mould first - probably no need for any injection unless he wants to re-shape the tooth before that. Then the cap will get made and you'll go back and get it fixed onto the damaged tooth.
Some cases require an injection some don't.

Don't worry about it though, very little pain involved.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:46
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'm getting my tooth capped over Xmas. For as long as I can remember, I've had a crooked tooth, which was the result of someone running into me, their head incident with my mouth (damn shortass). The first appointment they basically take a mould of your mouth, so they can go away and make a replacement tooth. The second appointment will be the fitting.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
NHS dentistry is a complete shambles.

Most people can't get one, those who do need to wait about 6 weeks for an appointment. Then you get some rushed job with the cheapest materials.

Whilst private people rake it in.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:33
Regular
"Touched!"
We've finally got re-registered at another Dentist after our old money grabbing dentist went private. The NHS system is a complete joke, we were given false information constantly. To think my taxes pay for it is a disgrace!
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:31
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well, I think they cut your tooth in a 'V' shape then stick on a cover really.

I chipped one of my front teeth years ago and it is always giving me trouble. I might get a veneer on it when I'm not poor.
Mon 05/09/05 at 17:04
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I've still got a baby tooth in my mouth and apparently it has to come out (hopefully he'll forget: I hate dentists). It's not even bothering me... leave it alone, please? :-(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.