GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Getting my tooth capped..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/09/05 at 14:55
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im getting my tooth capped, the dentist said he will start capping on Wednesday. Seeing as i've never had it done before, I want to know how it works and what the dentist actually does.

The dentist said he's start capping my tooth on Wednesday, so does this mean it'll take more than one appointment?

What will he do?

About 2 years ago I had root canal treatment which was bloody awful, I hated it. I had to have an injection in my gum (it was on my front tooth) and the whole process was just uncomfortable and painful.

Is this as bad as root canal? I know they somehow grind the tooth down, but that doesn't sound very nice, surely you have to have an injection to numb your mouth or something?

Will it be different for me? Because i've had root canal treatment and no longer have feeling in my tooth.

Thanks.
Wed 14/09/05 at 19:21
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
My wisdom teeth are giving me problems, not hurting but they're coming up below my back teeth and pushing them out like adult teeth do to milk teeth. The dentist says leave them for now but if they don't correct themselves I'll have to have them sorted out which I'm not looking forward to as I've heard some real horror stories about dentists and wisdom teeth.
Wed 14/09/05 at 17:05
Regular
"Mozzy"
JFH wrote:
> Went to the dentist today. Had that bloody injection that makes your
> mouth go numb, it's not painful, just weird and really annoying. It
> took over 4 hours to wear off. Anyway, I had my tooth filled, which
> took what felt like hours having to keep my mouth wide open for such
> a long period of time. My lips went so dry as did my tongue.
>
> I now have a new, invisible filling. Yey.

Hehehe, I just went to the dentist and he told me I had to have the root canal again because the last one wasn't successful, then he can start the capping in 2 weeks (:().

I didn't really have much choice, so I just sat there waiting for him to whop out the needle. Root Canal is definately the most painful 'operation' i've had at a detist, but tbh, it isn't that bad.

The injection isn't very painful but I dont like the way he sticks it so far up my gum that it makes not only my gum numb but my nose too.

Im sitting here right now with half of my nose numb and my mouth, I cant eat properly, and im very hungry. :(
Tue 13/09/05 at 22:08
Regular
"0228"
Went to the dentist today. Had that bloody injection that makes your mouth go numb, it's not painful, just weird and really annoying. It took over 4 hours to wear off. Anyway, I had my tooth filled, which took what felt like hours having to keep my mouth wide open for such a long period of time. My lips went so dry as did my tongue.

I now have a new, invisible filling. Yey.
Thu 08/09/05 at 14:04
Regular
I've got the best NHS dentist ever.
Well, he's not strictly an NHS doctor - only for under 18's, so yeah, he's a private dentist, but he gave me an appointment two or three days after my tooth enamel collapsed (I'd never had a filling or anything of the sort, but the structure was buggered or something, and it just fell apart one night whilst I slept).
He filled it (I had to get a filling obviously, but it wasn't my fault :-( ), and that was back in February or soemthing and I've never had problems with it since.

Great guy too.

My orthodontist was awful though, my teeth are back the way they were before I had braces (Screwed them up when I fell off my bike years ago), although to be honest, they only ever bothered my mum.
Wed 07/09/05 at 20:59
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
I did.
Wed 07/09/05 at 20:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I agree
Wed 07/09/05 at 20:48
Regular
"The definitive tag"
HappyTortoise wrote:
> Im not trying to discourage anyone...but...
>
> I've had about eighteen teeth removed, all of which have been
> extremely painful, and i have more fillings than mouth.
>
> There excuse? Too many apples. APPLES!!

Try brushing your teeth every once in a while...
Wed 07/09/05 at 20:47
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
Im not trying to discourage anyone...but...

I've had about eighteen teeth removed, all of which have been extremely painful, and i have more fillings than mouth.

There excuse? Too many apples. APPLES!!
Wed 07/09/05 at 17:18
Regular
"The definitive tag"
SHEEPY wrote:
> NHS dentistry is a complete shambles.

Indeed it is. My dentist is quite possibly the laziest I've ever come across. He takes approximately 25-30 seconds to give me a check up, compare that to my old and much more friendly dentist who took a couple of minutes to do it.

The standard is definitely going down hill.
Wed 07/09/05 at 16:10
"High polygon count"
I avoided the dentist for years, being terrified of them after a bad experience as a kid.

I started going again about 4 years ago, and had to have a gum biopsy (they thought I had gum cancer) - they basically cut out a slice of gum at the front, and stitched it up.

I was dreading it beforehand, but on the day I was a big brave soldier ;-) and it wasn't too bad.

Oh, and I didn't have cancer - which is always a bonus.

I go regularly now, and I have a tooth at the back growing at a 45-degree angle between two others, barely breaking the gum. If it starts to decay, they'll have to remove it - which will apparently mean cutting my jaw bone and taking it out sideways. That'll be fun, won't it?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.