GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"5th Ashes Test"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 13:38
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
England squad:

Michael Vaughan (captain)
James Anderson
Ian Bell
Paul Collingwood
Andrew Flintoff
Ashley Giles
Stephen Harmison
Matthew Hoggard
Geraint Jones
Simon Jones
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Strauss
Marcus Trescothick

Get fit soon Simon Jones!

Hopefully England will still be attacking and go for the win rather than defend to try and get a draw, I think they're more likely to succeed this way.
Mon 12/09/05 at 20:56
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Off to the victory parade tomorrow :)
Mon 12/09/05 at 20:12
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You can tell if someone knows about cricket by one simple thing - if they ask who's winning.
Mon 12/09/05 at 20:08
Regular
"Colourless"
J-42 wrote:
> You don't know how accurate that statement is. People I know that
> have shown no interest in cricket before this series suddewnly love
> it. And when we're 270 - 5, they're like "Oh no! What went
> wrong??"
>
> ...tards.

Pretty much everyone in England did that. It's much better than no-one caring. Or do you think it should just be the cricketing elite group that are allowed to watch it?
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:29
Regular
I guess I did... what's wrong with that?
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Great win but what a cheesy end!

Both unpires going to the middle of the wicket before going to separate ends and removing the bails. Almost like a movie script!
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Dringo wrote:
> I had no interest in cricket till this series... my grandad watches it
> so I thought "i'll give it a few minutes" and got hooked.

*Dringo jumps on the band wagon*

:D
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:15
Regular
I had no interest in cricket till this series... my grandad watches it so I thought "i'll give it a few minutes" and got hooked.
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:15
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Well, I've waited 8 year for that. From my first Ashes test in 1998, where we bowled Australia all out for 118 to the lows of the 2001 series, I've been waiting and waiting for England to win the Ashes.

And my god, it's been worth it.

I'm a football man, always have been, always will be. I take a passing interest in Tennis, will look out for the Bradford scoresin rugby, but the only sport that has ever come close to stealing my heart has been Cricket. And this summer, it's done just that.

What's best about it all is the fact that we've been up against a team who have been, quite far and away, the best team in the world for near enough the last decade. A year ago, I'd have never believed it'd have happened. At the end of the first test, I'd have never believed it. Australia, when they're on their game, are an unstoppable cricket machine. We know that, they know that, every team in the world knows that. But Vaughan, Fletcher and all the boys have managed to tame the beast.

Of course, it's not just the victory, it was the manner of it. The two best cricketing teams in the world at the top of their game... it's the kind of advert the game has always needed. In the space of a few overs games could spin on their head, the series balancing on a few balls in many of the tests.

Of course, history will remember Freddie Flintoff as the hero that won England the ashes. Looking at the averages, it certainly looks that way - brilliant bowling combined with some inspired batting and fielding which, quite simply, swayed the Ashes in England's favour.

What history probably won't remember, however, is how Shane Warne carried the Asutralian team in the absence of McGrath. Unbelievable bowling, spinning the ball better than anyone else I've ever seen. Without his 40 wickets, this series would've been a lot different if the fat aussie hadn't have been involved and now, with the Ashes in English hands, I'm glad that he took part... despite wishing he'd break his arm every few minutes.

But now we've got to deal with the aftermath - the papers knocking down the heroes of this Ashes triumph, the pasts being dug into, the questions asked of players. There'll be Freddy Flintoff bats, Kevin Pietersen sponspored games and Ashley Giles cricket ballscome Christmas, for sure, but let's hope this is the start of a glorious cricketing future for England, and not just a merchandising spree.

Until the end of 2006, at least, the Ashes are ours.
Mon 12/09/05 at 18:57
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Everyone jumping on the bandwagon again?

You don't know how accurate that statement is. People I know that have shown no interest in cricket before this series suddewnly love it. And when we're 270 - 5, they're like "Oh no! What went wrong??"

...tards.
Mon 12/09/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Baros!!!"
We deserved it!

=D
=D
=D
=D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.