GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Starship troopers demo"

The "PC Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 17:23
Regular
"Captain to you."
[URL]http://gamershell.com/download_10553.shtml[/URL] 461mb gamers hell

Just getting it now.
Mon 12/09/05 at 00:15
Regular
"Captain to you."
It's because i assume you're running it off a filthy laptop with variable clock timing (speed step).

This can be turned off in your BIOS, it's a power saving function.
Sun 11/09/05 at 23:27
Regular
"bit of a brain"
what sort of rubbish demo needs a patch. Doesn't bode well for the game, huh
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:20
Regular
"Captain to you."
theres a fix for that gerrid.
Sun 11/09/05 at 22:07
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I played the demo of this a couple of days ago. I couldn't get over how fast you moved. It was like someone had turned movement speed up to 200x or something. Apart from that it wasn't really very good. And it looked awful.
Sun 11/09/05 at 20:18
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Forget Starship Troopers, download this for Half Life 2 instead: [URL]http://antlions.hl2world.com/[/URL] insanely difficult, a bit of a system hog (particularly for older systems) and some laughable voice acting but it's leagues ahead of this demo, and free.
Fri 09/09/05 at 10:39
Regular
"Formally:Ev][L~DarK"
I played the game this morning, once after watching the film clip, which I was personally surprised to see - I settled into the base, running to the top floor and awaiting the first swarm.

It even then it hit me. The game looked pretty uninspiring, un-worked and half finished. Textures were bald and the environment wasn't what you had hoped from the screenshots. The first swarm came in a small pack, the controls felt so sluggish and inaccurate responses that even aiming at the bugs were, primarily a task within itself.

After the (very short and quick 1st wave) I was told to get some things from the open outside the home base... Went over, killed the bugs which encountered me, and I was already reaching the exit button. It was even at this point I even realised how bad this game was/is going to be.

Oh well, Brilliant film... But nope for the game O_o
Tue 06/09/05 at 23:12
Regular
"Captain to you."
:( i can't play past picking up the wreakage as it crashes and resets my computer.

I think with some hardcore graphics tweaks and movement feel it could be some fun mindless shooting.
Mon 05/09/05 at 14:21
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> A terrible game but you still played it 6 times. Must have had some
> appeal or you'd have given up on the second.

I just don't like being beaten by poor design and implementation and was curious to see what the swarm attack looked like (the appeal you mention).

After seeing what's probably the high point of the entire game, it was immediately uninstalled. It handled a huge amount of entities quite well, but still felt a little underwelming.

I won't be buying or downloading a copy. Especially as it's one trick pony has been shown in the demo. Mark my words, this is similar to a movie trailer where all the good bits are shown, and the actual full product bores the living hell out of you.
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:54
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> Really poor.
>
> Pick up supplies at crash site. Bug swarm. Try this 5 times (this is
> impossible!) until on the sixth time, it decides to tell me “you have
> picked up the super shotgun”

A terrible game but you still played it 6 times. Must have had some appeal or you'd have given up on the second.
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:20
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's got Doogie Howser M.D. in it as a psychic pseudo-Nazi. What's not to love?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.