GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The complete history of UKchatforums.com"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 01/09/05 at 18:19
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I often think about the history of these forums, and how things used to be. That's not to say they've declined in quality over the years, but as with most things, you keep them going long enough and you'll find people complaining that things ain't what they used to be.

Anyway, I got to remembering some of the good times while bored at work today (a regular occurence) and yeah, it might be a bit sad, but some of the memories really did make me smile. UKchatforums.com must be my most visited website ever (still my homepage) and despite it just being a collection of poorly-designed .gif images and text-speak, sometimes it genuinely manages to make me laugh out loud (LOL).

So... in the spirit of one of my Shiznit lists, I want your top UKchatforums.com moments of all time, from throughout history - it can be favourite users, brilliant moments of realisation or just your favourite threads. I'll get us kicked off with a few memories that brightened up my day.

THE BELLDANDY SAGA - I've never had so much fun berating someone over the internet as I did with Belldandy. Probably still floating around somewhere under a newly mysterious (very probably Manga-related) username, Belldandy was NEVER WRONG. Even if he was, he wasn't. And if he really was, then he'd run away and not come out to play, until the next time he was wrong. It came close to bullying at a few points (I used to get his emails) but it was coming from both sides: Goaty, Light, Pandy, myself and others (all anti-war and common sense) versus the one man righteous army of Belldandy.

The Belldandy saga reached a hilarious conclusion, when on one of his many mysterious reappearances under another nick (HALO Fan), he was sussed by the lot of us and nevertheless proceeded to dispute it for several months, despite have all the curt mannerisms and blind flag-wankery that good old Bell had. It stopped being fun when we finally saw a picture of him on Special Observe, then realised our physical name calling was disturbingly prophetic.

There have been others, but none as more fun to bait as Belldandy.
Page:
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> This was one of many Shaneo adventures, where he managed to get
> people's hotmail passwords.

No no that was a different time. The whole "we've hacked the forums" thing had nothing to do with Shaneo.

> by telling him I
> wrote a letter to his parents and contacting the police.

Haha I remember that story. Brilliant stuff. The Lamarkian thing was great as well

"That's not what lamarkian evolution is. At all"
"Listen, it is! I'm doing it for GCSE!"
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Battling right up there with the Belldandy saga was Insane Bartender generally mouthing off and admitting to statutory rape in a thread, only for his girlfriend to come blundering into the topic, catching him with his pants round his ankles. I've never laughed at one thread more in my life, it just went on and on. Loki will testify that no one in the SR office got any work the day that happened.

The fallout that followed was also priceless (I remember exchanging emails with Goaty about the... uh... 'physical attributes' of IB's ladyfriend and almost breaking down in tears I laughed so hard) and she eventually became a fairly regular forum member, always around to belittle IB's efforts whenever he sounded off.

IB: "I learnt to drive a tank when I was three"
[the very next post]
IB's girlfriend: "No you didn't"

Priceless. Especially the story about how his dad used to throw defused grenades at him to prepare him for invasion or something.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> When it was actually fun around here and threads would collapse into
> bizzare drug-fueled adventures with the Buxom Wenchmobile et al. And
> people wrote stories about it all.

Oh those were indeed good times. I remember the djerrudish test and "The adventures of AJ and gerrid"

> BERADS

Some great memories. Thinking about BERADS always reminds me of the guy who first called him that, JBH (or Judah Ben Hur). I remember one time, when JBH first joined the site, and some argument started whereby someone said something completely stupid, JBH corrected them in an hilarious fashion, and everyone ganged up on him, calling him a "stupid n00b". Then, for no reason Robin, soon to become El Robin, turned up and started defending JBH, saying he was his mate and so on.

Talking of El Robin, PsychoStyleWorld and The Finding have to be mentioned. How beautiful it was. I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a story in my life.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:45
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> The Lamarkian Evolution

Hahaha, that was brilliant.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> When Forest Fan went on about how dinosaurs and people lived happily
> together in the garden of Eden, everyone eating plants including the
> carnivores.

That was my favourite post ever! I believe it went something like this: "Dinosaurs did live in Bible times, only they were small and unnoticeable, around the size of sheep."

*claps excitedly*
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:43
Regular
"not dead"
The whole Shaneo saga, as mentioned below. All of the returns and pretending not to be Shaneo. The Lamarkian Evolution theory he couldn't explain.

That and the original FOG stories.

Oh, the 'who am I?' threads. People would change their name, or start a new account, and wouldn't say who they were for ages. The original Mr Snuggly thread was a classic.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:43
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
gerrid wrote:
> At one point, someone
> even went as far as to say that they'd hacked into the user database,
> whereupon Goatboy became extremely irate and launched a "don't
> look at my details or I'll "hunt you down" and kill your
> children" tirade at people who had just found a simple (metal
> arms) glitch in the system. How we laughed. I'm sure Goatboy still
> gets horribly angry when he thinks about it, though.

This was one of many Shaneo adventures, where he managed to get people's hotmail passwords. I had some fun behind the scenes with that guy. I seems to remember Goaty's rants being a little over-exaggerated for effect, if you get my meaning. He was still a little runt though, I done made him poo himself by telling him I wrote a letter to his parents and contacting the police.
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:40
"period drama"
gerrid wrote:
At one point, someone
> even went as far as to say that they'd hacked into the user database,
> whereupon Goatboy became extremely irate and launched a "don't
> look at my details or I'll "hunt you down" and kill your
> children" tirade at people who had just found a simple (metal
> arms) glitch in the system. How we laughed. I'm sure Goatboy still
> gets horribly angry when he thinks about it, though.

That was probably my favourite post ever.
<3

Also: when everyone worked out that putting links to pictures as topic titles would display the picture on the fourm.

When Forest Fan went on about how dinosaurs and people lived happily together in the garden of Eden, everyone eating plants including the carnivores.

When it was actually fun around here and threads would collapse into bizzare drug-fueled adventures with the Buxom Wenchmobile et al. And people wrote stories about it all.

cookie thievery, of course

Posting in the disused Notable Election forums.

BERADS
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:38
"I'm sorry. So here's a sort of apology video I made for you"
Thu 01/09/05 at 18:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
3) "My sister Fina might use this account sometimes"

If there's any more explaining needed there are about 5 or 6 people who can probably testify to it.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.