GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Stuff to take to Uni"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/08/05 at 17:12
Regular
Hi, I was just wandering from anyone at uni or going there soon what gadgets theyve taken to kill time, in between lectures and drunken madness:)

Im thinking of taking my xbox with one of those small LCD Tvs to play occasionaly when I have an hour or so to kill during the day. Is anyone else taking one or do you think that there wont be a time for a games console and it may simply interfere with things and be 'anti social'.

Cheers:)
Wed 31/08/05 at 00:50
Regular
"The Red Shift"
You're joking!

They're life savers.
Wed 31/08/05 at 01:02
Regular
If I was going to uni now, I'd get a PSP.
Wed 31/08/05 at 01:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
AliBoy wrote:
> SHEEPY wrote:
> I'm moving into my flat in 2 days. I'm quite nervous.
>
> Where abouts is the flat?

In the West End.
Kelvinhaugh area.

My mum keeps giving me bloody food to take, I'll look like a spaz.
Wed 31/08/05 at 01:41
Regular
"The Red Shift"
SHEEPY wrote:
> My mum keeps giving me bloody food to take, I'll look like a spaz.

"lolz"

Surprisingly not many people get pwned for turning up to uni with mum/dad ties. You have to drop that straight away though, otherwise you'll get castigated.

Also. Is it known terminology to call condoms, "dommies"?
Wed 31/08/05 at 01:42
Regular
"Captain to you."
A lot of people took food with them in halls when i went, mostly simple things like potnoodle, i just took my PC, guitar, tv, sega saturn and fridge. 3 years later i had 13 boxes of stuff plus all of the above and another PC.
Wed 31/08/05 at 01:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Well, I need them to drive me in.
I wanted to do it along but they wanted the car back for some reason?

They keep hinting they want to nosey around but I wish they wouldn't (in a non-horrible way).
Wed 31/08/05 at 01:55
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Just tell them that this is a step into your independance or something.

They'll cry, smile, and run away.
Wed 31/08/05 at 02:01
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Whatever, I'm cool.
Wed 31/08/05 at 10:16
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> If you don't get laid in your first insane week at uni, you've
> probably missed out big time. Always go prepared.

:{ :{ :{

I'm gonna miss out then, don't think my girlfriend would agree with me enjoying the other sex whilst I'm away. Hopefully her visits won't be at lengthy intervals or I'm going to go insane.
Wed 31/08/05 at 11:26
Regular
"Captain to you."
Long distance relationships at uni are pretty much the worst thing possible, so many fall apart or have such a hard time away from each other.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.