GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mikey is a Geordie"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/08/05 at 10:24
Regular
[URL]http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~706585,00.html[/URL]
Wed 31/08/05 at 19:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
> mattributé wrote:
> Yeah, I've tried to get into Stockport, but they wanted £11
> for
> an Under-16? This for a team who looked like they were leaving
> Division 2 (I think ) at the time and barely filling their main
> stand...
>
> That's a bit steep. Prices at Cambridge last year were £3,
> £7 and £10 for U16, Students and Adults respectively. The
> U16 price this season's the same but Student prices have gone up a
> quid and Adults two quid. No one seems to care about the extra cost
> this season though, everyone welcomes the opportunity to help the
> club out.

Even though Forest were relegated last season the ticket prices have stayed about the same - £22ish for adults and £16ish for juniors. Only hardcore fans would pay that to see them play but they still get attendances of 15-20000 (opening day was over 25000).

As I'm not a hardcore fan the only time I'll go and see them this season is when Capital One (their shirt sponsors) give their employees tickets for £1 donation to charity when one of my mates who works there gets them for me.

In my opinion they should drop them to about £17 max for adults to get the attendances up which will still make about the same revenue but give the team a boost by making them see that they still have a huge following even though they are now in the third tier of English football.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:41
Regular
"You've upset me"
mattributé wrote:
> Yeah, I've tried to get into Stockport, but they wanted £11 for
> an Under-16? This for a team who looked like they were leaving
> Division 2 (I think ) at the time and barely filling their main
> stand...

That's a bit steep. Prices at Cambridge last year were £3, £7 and £10 for U16, Students and Adults respectively. The U16 price this season's the same but Student prices have gone up a quid and Adults two quid. No one seems to care about the extra cost this season though, everyone welcomes the opportunity to help the club out.

> I think lower clubs could do a lot more to encourage people who want
> to see football to come and watch them.

It's a tricky one that. They need to maintain attendances and hopefully extend the fan base but then they also need to cover the costs. Obviously the further you go down the ladder the scarcer money is and the more important it becomes, hence the hike in our ticket prices this season despite the drop in divisions. People bringing friends and ocassional promotions like the quid-a-kid thing I mentioned are really the only way it can be done.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:34
Regular
I might go see Leeds against Ipswich at the end of September... £35 for a decent place, early in the season, against a team of whom a few of my fellow friends support.

I do live near London mind so it's a bit of a journey.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:32
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Dringo wrote:
> I dunno... maybe in 3 years...
>
> They're young guns, Pugh, Richardson, Walton, Killa... they'll be
> ready for Terry and Lampard...

If we've still got the Hulse to dominate though cockney basts, we can easy do them.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:30
Regular
"tokyo police club"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> On the topic of ticket prices all I can say is that I'm glad I
> support a Conference/League 2 team.

Yeah, I've tried to get into Stockport, but they wanted £11 for an Under-16? This for a team who looked like they were leaving Division 2 (I think ) at the time and barely filling their main stand...

I think lower clubs could do a lot more to encourage people who want to see football to come and watch them.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:30
Regular
I dunno... maybe in 3 years...

They're young guns, Pugh, Richardson, Walton, Killa... they'll be ready for Terry and Lampard...

Easily :P.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:28
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Dringo wrote:
> I'm looking forward to Walton's winning goal, swung in from the right
> by Richardson.
>
> I can see the look on Mourinho's face already.

I know they're good, but I don't think that Walton and Richardson are quite good enough for Chelsea, do you?

[S]yes, I got what you meant
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:27
Regular
"You've upset me"
mattributé wrote:
> Pun intended?

Yes.

On the topic of ticket prices all I can say is that I'm glad I support a Conference/League 2 team. Was chatting on the terraces yesterday to a casual Spurs fan who told me that ticket prices for WHL start at £40 and go up to about £70! An average of £80 a month, not taking into account travel costs? Christ. Rock on £8 student prices and quid-a-kid days at the Abbey.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:26
Regular
mattributé wrote:

> I can dream that we can become a superforce again, can't I?

I'm saving up for the Champions League final in 2008 as it is.

I'm looking forward to Walton's winning goal, swung in from the right by Richardson.

I can see the look on Mourinho's face already.
Tue 30/08/05 at 23:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> I'm gonna do a creative writing course
> next summer if I don't go to prison.
>
> Ahahah. Best. Sentence. Ever.

Pun intended?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.